Who besides a Tiger Fan would coach BB here?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roygu, Feb 6, 2004.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

In this weeks ESPN/coaches poll we are ranked #44 thats definitely not top ten. In the AP poll they have 46 teams that recieved votes and LSU is not one of them, so thats a #47 ranking at best. We still have time to make up some ground but to be ranked at best #44 is not acceptable at any time.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings?poll=1

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

2. lsuk

lsuk Founding Member

i think our bball team is damn good myself, we may not be top ten in the country but we are 2nd in the west half way through the sec and have a chance to win the west. if we can shoot the ball like we did on wed. then im positive we will win the west. 2nd in the west is not bad for a young bball team.

3. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Where was our football team ranked half way through the season? Did you bail out on them after the Florida game. Give me your list of coaches that will take us where you think we shoud be?
    Brady, with one half his brain tied behind his back, has outcoached several of the coaches with sterling reputations. We have beaten most of the top rated coaches we have faced while handicapped. Lute Olsen, of Arizona; Rick Barnes, of Texas; Tubby Smith, of Kentucky; Jim Harrick, of Georgia; are examples Three of those four have national championship rings. Give these freshman time to learn how to play on the College level and I think you will get your wish.

Tennessee has gone the route you guys are advocating and they are worse than LSU. They got Kevin O'Neal from Depaul, after he took his team deep in the tournament. After about three years he was gone. Then they hired a guy named Greene who had performed a miracle at K. State. In about three years he left. Then Buzz Peterson took some small team to the tournament so they grabbed him. They are worse now than when Greene was there.

4. TwistedTiger

Higher than #44.
    No I didn't nor am I "bailing out" on the Basketball team, but I am able to speak the truth, good or bad, and still pull for the team. Anyone that thinks being #44 is ok should be an ole miss fan. Brady was strapped with a program in shambles and on probation but that was some years ago. How long will it take him to build a consistant top 25 program? 10 years? 20? I support the LSU basketball team and the players but I am not satisfied with the state of the program at this point. Using some of the logic I have seen in this thread Dinardo would still be coaching football here. IMAGINE THAT!!!!!!!:geaux: :lsug:

5. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Give Brady the rest of the season before we pass judgement on him. He deserves that. This team is steadily improving and should make the tourney. Nothing positive can be gained right now by talk of firing the coach. Support him for the rest of the season and then pass judgement.

6. TwistedTiger

I don't think it is time to fire him but Skip should sit him down and have a talk about goals and deadlines. We can't go another ten years saying well maybe next year.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

that guilbeau sure has changed his tune about the team since that article he wrote a few weeks ago abou thow lsu sucks and the recruits were bums.

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

They should at least start with a paint job on that roof! Ugh! I was down for the final regular season game vs Arkansas and walking around, noticed the top and it looked like a complete sh*t-hole!

Haven't been inside for a basketball game in years--in fact, the last hoops game I attended was the year after Shaq left, so I don't remember much about the inside features.

9. roygu

roygu Founding Member

It took Coach K five years to post a winning season vs the ACC. Duke was not on probation, he wasn't limited to eight scholarships in two years, and they could have about fifteen on scholarship at one time. It was also much easier to recruit to Duke than to LSU. But you know all that.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Who gives a $hit where we're ranked in the polls. Anyone that follows college basketball knows they mean absolutely nothing. The NCAA selection committee will not even look at them. RPI is much more important. LSU is #14 RPI http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/polls/rpi/index1 . Above North Carolina, Kansas, Arizona, Wake Forest, and Cincinnati and our sos is on par with Kansas, Wake and above Zona and Cincinnati. Don't know if we'll stay there with UK UF Vandy and MSU to come, but its not shabby. "not acceptable"?