Who besides a Tiger Fan would coach BB here?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roygu, Feb 6, 2004.

1. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

actually this is Brady's first year without being on probation

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I don't think your giving the program or Brady enough time.

We're just getting over probation this year.

Anything that you have to rebuild really doesn't happen in 1 or 2
    seasons.

Look at the LSU football program and what Nick has done, although I think this is an exception because he got it done sooner than most.

Where was LSU ranked in football in the beginning of the year?
    Preseason?

Where was AU ranked?

Polls don't mean SH*T.

I hope the Tigers basketball team will start to shoot better now and really go on a run.

Nothing would make me happier.

Your goals of this team is unrealistic right now because of the situation we're in!

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

According to the article, the athletic dept. takes control of the facility July 1st. Is that correct, can anyone confirm this and why it has taken so long to get the building, first from state control to university control, and now from the academic side to the athletic dept. of the university?

I hope when the athletic dept. takes control that things get better quickly, and I believe they will. If I were in charge of the PMAC reconstruction, here's my priorities:

- Finish the roof job ASAP. This is embarassing.

- Paint a nice message on the roof that can be seen in aerial views, perhaps a big "LSU" in the center in purple with gold trim, surrounded by a circular pattern of similarly styled letter that says "Pete Maravich Assembly Center."

-A complete ripout and replacement of all seating in the arena. The new seating would be wider and cushier for added comfort and the seats will be color coordinated purple and gold.

-Replace the seating behind and beside the southern end of the court all the way up to the main concourse, all the way to halfcourt, with bleachers and specifically designate that area the student/band sections. (Note: these seating refits would reduce PMAC capacity to probably around 12,000, maybe 12,800, which is fine, since we can't fill the seats we have now)

-Widen the concourses and walkways. Add a concourse at the top and bottom of the seating areas for greater mobility and crowd flow.

-Rip out the paneling on the inner walls and replace with purple and/or gold material that won't rip, tear, and stain so easily (sheetrock?)

-Coats of paint on the outside concourse railings in alternating purple and gold to give the arena a little color.

-New purple and gold railings around the concourses, seating areas, and entrances.

All this stuff could probably be done for less than $25 million, a fraction of what it would cost to build a new arena (a new PMAC of similar size and structure would easily cost $250 million). And there is no need for new electronics, the PMAC already got new scoreboards and video boards, a new sound system, and new lights in the last four years. I believe that the PMAC is a sound structure and that we do not need a new arena, yet. But we cannot wait until the PMAC deteriorates to such a point that it is beyond repair and we have no choice. We have to fix it now. We need to take pride in our facilities and support all our programs by giving them the finest places to play in all the country. That's why I support Skip and TAF's initiatives and the Master Plan. Never a better time to start than the present.

If these renovations take awhile, it may not be a bad idea to play our home games in the Centroplex or Parker Coliseum, just for one season, while the PMAC is being renovated. I would be willing to make that sacrifice, if everyone else is. I just want our basketball team to once again be able to say they have one of the best arenas in the country to play in.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

It would be neat to have them play in the cow palace.

The place where LSU basketball was born.

That building has some serious history in it, it should forever stand........Pistol Pete.......

If those walls could talk!

One of these days I'm going to walk in there and imagine what it
    was like to watch Pete in there....

As if the walls are talking!

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yeah I know what you mean, It's like being ranked #1 in the BCS poll this year, who gives a $hit right? Polls aren't an exact science but they do give a picture of where your program is at the current time. If you're happy with being ranked #44 then I'm happy for you but I would like to see much better. Can Brady take us there? I don't know and I'm not calling for his head but I am not satisfied with the job he has done this far. I am a big LSU basketball fan and it is painful to watch this team struggle for so many years. I blame Dale Brown and Joe Dean 100% for the death of LSU basketball I just hope we can find someone, anyone that can bring it back from the dead.:geaux: :lsug:

6. roygu

roygu Founding Member

I hear you Twisted T. Is there any way we could put a shock collar on John Brady's neck, triggered by the shot clock horn, that gives him a 2000 volts ever time it sounds. LOL