Who can we elect that is not a fiscal idiot?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tirk, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Don't blame Obama ? Bush got blamed for everything even if it had nothing to do with him. Obama must take blame equal to the blame bush took. It's always the presidents fault. It doesn't matter if it's fair , it's the way it is.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Since I don't know your soucrce for those numbers I'll ask....in what sector of the economy are these jobs being created? When the Bush admin was bragging on 5% unemployment, detractors said it was all minimum wage, burger flipping type jobs. Where are the jobs being created today?

3. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I wouldn't go so far as to blame only him, though he's due his equal share in it all. He is certainly no victim of circumstance. This has been an ongoing problem, contributed to by many administrations, and citizens, over the years. Americans' mental attitude of "I want it now" has sunk this country so far in debt, we may never get out. 5+ trillion more since 2008, and yet they still are fighting to raise the debt limit so they can spend more they don't have. People (as a whole) simply don't have the patience and discipline anymore to work the things they want. They want it right now, so they borrow, and borrow, and borrow to pay off what they borrowed. This mentality has made its way to D.C. in the people we elect over the years, and we're seeing the results of it. While it's true this administration didn't start the fire, they certainly haven't been able to contain it by throwing gasoline on it.

2 people like this.
  4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

VERY well said!:thumb:

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Wow. Still got that Bush thing going I see. There is no other sitting POTUS to blame. He's on the throne, Bub. Also, with his projected trillion plus deficit per year for the next 10 years it may be too late to stop the bleeding. But, the voters will try in 2012.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

well. that's a new one. ya gonna trademark that one? :D

7. SabanFan

It was called for.:yelwink2:

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Labor Department reports only 54,000 jobs added to US economy in May 2011

Professional and business services employment continued to increase in May 2011 with 44,000 jobs added overall 18,000 jobs added in accounting and bookkeeping services, and 8,000 jobs added in computer systems design and related services.

Health care employment continued to expand in May 2011 with the addition of 17,000 jobs, and employment in the industry has risen by an average of 24,000 jobs per month over the past 12 months.

Mining employment added 7,000 jobs in May 2011 and employment in the industry has risen by 115,000 jobs since October 2009.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Agreed. Watch what happened to the job curve when Obama took office in January 2009. We can blame Bush for the jobs lost and we can blame Obama for the subsequent recovery.

[​IMG]

10. SabanFan

The 54,000 new jobs are more than offset by the 477,000 new (1st time) unemployment benefit claims last month. Get real Red. The economy is sinking, not recovering.