Who can we elect that is not a fiscal idiot?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tirk, Jun 3, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Oh that's supposed to be an honest question?

OK, When are you going to admit that the republicans are willing to sink the economy and ruin the federal credit so that billionaires can pay even less taxes, that they have done nothing but try to make the democrats fail even if it costs the nation, plan to rob everybody of medicare and social security, and post debts that are higher than democrats so that big multinational corporations have enrich themselves at the expense of the USA?

The housing crisis? Man that happened under your hero George Bush, whose political party is also responsible for the collapsed economy, the bank bailouts, two unfinished wars, and the loss of all the jobs that Obama has brought back already.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

They make it so easy.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

here's a pretty good synopsis from the telegraph in the UK:

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

unemployment under Reagan didn't start decreasing until his 5th year in the white house. As a matter of fact, at this time in his presidency, unemployment was at 9.5.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Red I have to ask, do you realize that there is a point where the debt destroys the country?
    Intitlements are bankrupting the country and they can't continue.
    My boy will live in a bankrupt country and struggle to provide for his family when he grows up. The greatest generation, the ww2 generation, turned this country into an economic and military superpower. The Vietnam generation, the kids of the ww2 generation- the babyboomers- have turned their back on the traditional American values and free enterprise capitalist system, in my opinion. Not all of them have , such as sabanfan. He's a Vietnam generation American that still believes in traditional American values. Still many of that generation have embraced the entitlement culture. Now the Vietnam generation are starting to retire. What's left for generation x- my generation? The Americans around forty years old are left with mountians of debt and tens of millions of retired babyboomers with their hands out. Many hit Medicare for hundreds of thousands of dollars for medical needs. They will live until they are very old and the hip replacements and pacemakers and the such will bankrupt Medicare. Instead of the babyboomers managing the money to prepare for the retirement of their generation they have left my generation and the young adults now to deal with the monsterous debt they have laid upon us. Now instead of trying to fix things the babyboomers, the age group of Americans in power now,are still adding more to the debt. It's my generation that will have to figure out how to pay for it all while the babyboomers are changing their depends and playing shuffelboard and golf. The babyboomers will go down in history as the generation that bankrupted America. The ww2 generation built the greatest country on earth and their kids bankrupted it. Now the generations moving up into political power have to figure out how to babysit all of their old asses with no money left to do it because the babyboomers spent it all and laid so much debt that we won't be able to survive as a superpower. Thanks babyboomers, the Vietnam war generation, for bankrupting America and leaving the mess for your kids, grandkids and greatgrandkids. We are sentenced to debt because of your excess.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I had a long point by point response ready to send when my laptop shut down from overheating. Suffice it to say I kicked your ass.

7. red55

Sure, Pops. You're the champ. :rolleye33:

8. red55

Yes, and we are no where near it. The Republicans are squawking loud about the debt, much of which happened under their watch, because they really can't fault Obama on much else. It's politics.

Entitlements. The country is no where near bankrupt. We have immense personal and corporate wealth and are paying the lowest taxes since WWII. There is plenty of room to pay down this debt the same way that each of us has to. Pay more of it off with higher taxes, not just for the rich but for everybody. As recently as the CLinton administration we were doing just that. The economy was booming, we were posting surpluses and paying down the debt. THEN the GOP took control and irresponsibly cut income while waging two expensive wars and implementing a Trillion-dollar Helath Plan.

The US is no where near bankruptcy. We are not Greece.

You are completely wrong and could not support this notion to save your life. I've never met anyone that buys into lame, dated stereotypes like you do.

The Boomers have amassed more wealth than any generation in history and have completely embraced capitalism. Do you seriously think the boomers are all democrats, commune dwellers, and hippie street people? Get real! The generation embraces all races, politics, and cultures. If you had seen SF and I in 1974, we would be very similar . . . long hair, hip clothes, bad habits, and not a lot of money. If you look at us now, everything has changes but we are still very similar . . . gray hair, comfortable clothes, bad attitudes, and a pile of money.

And yours hasn't . . .please! Look, neitehr generation had a choice. We go to work, they take the money, and we get the benefits thatwe are told we are going to get. Guess what. You will get them too.

Maybe we should keep working and just give you the money we have saved and invested?

What a friggin' crybaby! Boomers didn't force you to live beyond your means and borrow money, you did it yourselves! You are the generation that the word "Slacker" comes from. You work less, you spend more, you achieve less, and you complain more than the boomer generation.

We've got our hands out? Dude, most of the wealth in this country is owned by Baby Boomers. Most of them will draw Social Security because that is the system we were forced to belong to. Most of them also have money and property to susteain them comforably, too. No one has his hands out to you.

We didn't invent the system, The Greatest Generation did! We have no choice. The law makes us take Medicare at age 65 even if we are already insured. You too, will "hit" Medicare for your expenses in time.

The Congress robbed from the Social Security Trust Fund, not the people who paid into it.

Doom, gloom, and paranoia. Thats the traits of Generation X for you. Fortunately the Generation behind you are more upbeat, forward-looking, and optimistic than yours. They will save your slacker asses because you are doing damn little to save you own. You cry instead that the Boomers are leaving it all up to you . . . and you can't handle it.

Your ignorance is profound. Every generation makes their own way in the world. The Crybaby generation is going to have to step up at last . . . Gawd help us.

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

It's the babyboomer generation that runs government. They make the rules and they created the debt. Gen x had and still has no political power. Babyboomers have all the power , have made all the laws , have spent all the money and created all the debt.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If Obama's policies are allowed to continue unabated through 2016, we will be on the brink if not bankrupt.

And a hot wife.

Well, I could use a bigger pile, but you are correct. And FSA is the only place I argue politics. Everyone I live and work with are conservative capitalists except for one union guy, and he's an idiot.