Who can't wait for next Tuesday?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerFan23, Oct 27, 2004.

1. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I know I wish it would get here sooner. Not because I'm anxious to see who is going to win, but moreso because I'm tired of all the bickering (not on this board, but everywhere else - here it's fun!). I'm tired of hearing about what Kerry did in Vietnam and what Bush didn't do, much like I'm tired of hearing about how Kerry doesn't "deserve" his medals. He rated em, he was awarded them, it's history. I don't remember it getting this bad in 2000, maybe my time in college destroyed those brain cells. Bottomline, I'm ready for all of this to go away next Tuesday night....but oh wait, that's doubtful, because regardless of who wins, I'm sure there will be several recounts from all 50 states. Maybe Nader will chime in and feel that he wasn't given a good enough chance! Hey, maybe there will be a re-vote! Anyways, there is one good thing that will come out of this: at least we'll still have something to talk about Wednesday morning here in the Alley. Because otherwise it would just be boring. :thumb:

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

It can't get here soon enough. I am so sick of political ads and election news.

3. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

Amen. Too bad democrats have already filed suit in Fla. How anyone can back this party is beyond me. I just hope that whomever wins there is little controversy and chants of being 'disenfrachised'. I hate that damn word, but get ready b/c I am sure its coming. :angry:

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

will be good to get it over with yet the headache may only get worse. Americans may end up more divided than before after its all said and done.

I wonder how many dead/duplicate/illegal voters will turn out.

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

yeah I cant wait for this to be over, I'm so tired of the ads and everywhere you go it's kerry this bush that. I'm ready to get it over with.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Is it just me, or do other people have trouble reading JSracing's comments? I see a girl in a bikini at the beach... and I'm supposed to concentrate on politics?

7. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I know it's a stretch, but sometimes I wonder if this election will lead to a civil war. I'm not being too serious, but it seems to me that this country is more divided right now than it has been in a VERY long time. I don't doubt that there will be voting problems, voting fraud, etc. Frankly, I think it is embarrasing that it seems we can't even elect a leader anymore without controversy. If the results of the 2000 election set the precedent for the Presidential elections to come, I think this country is in some serious trouble.

As for JSracing.....I don't think I've read a word you've ever said since the bikini pic. :grin:

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Actually, I think it will lead to politicians who lean more towards the center and we won't have as many far wing fanatics. I would say Bush leans to the right pretty hard, and Kerry leans to the left reeealllyy hard. That's why this country is so divided. There is no middle ground. More people could agree with a politician who doesn't lean so far to either side. So, it might be a bad thing for the near future, but (atleast I hope) it will lead to a better political system in the future.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

It won't get any better until the two party system becomes multi-party system. How sad is it that this great country of ours will go to great lengths to keep a third party candidate from running?

Both the Democrats and Republicans are out of control. They cater to their fanatical base, which doesn't represent the majority of America. Opening up the political process would force them to move more to the center!

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I disagree. Look at Europe. Having multiple parties simply limits the larger parties and doesn't actually help anything. Such as Nader taking away from the Democratic vote - it makes the system less efficient. Each party catering to their fanatic base is why we need 2 parties, and only 2 parties - they balance each other out. The gov't isn't stopping people from voting for a 3rd party, almost 2 million did last election. This is a democracy, and it's peoples' decision.