Who can't wait for next Tuesday?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerFan23, Oct 27, 2004.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

That thinking is exactly what the democrats and republicans want you to believe. This is the only issue you will ever see democrats and republicans agreeing on ... neither wants to lose power and money!

As far your "peoples' decision" comment .... the democrats have kept Nader off the ballots in numerous states so the people can't decide!

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Good point about the democrats keeping Nader off the ballot. And of course nobody wants to lose power or money. But I still hold true, that atleast Europe's system is certainly no better. Most of the countries have 2 major parties, plus dozens of small parties which only get maybe 1/100th seat. That just forces the big party to cooperate ever so slightly with a small party so that they can win the majority. If we were to break down into say, 5 major parties, a party that won with not even 30% of the population's vote would be in power. This would not go over well with the other 70%.

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Maybe you are right. I'm just sick of both the democrats and republicans at this point and would like another viable alternative. IMO, these two parties no longer represent the majority of Americans, they only cater to their hardcore base.

Unfortunately, I'm left with voting for the lesser of two evils ... guess I'll have to hold my nose when I pull the lever for Bush!