Who cares about USC? (also posted in recruiting)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU'syourdaddy, Feb 5, 2004.

1. LSU'syourdaddy

LSU'syourdaddy Founding Member

I know it's fun to discuss, but why are LSU fans fixated on bashing USC and the media for loving USC?

Until we play those guys on the field, I could not care any less about their AP ranking. I was in the Super Dome and watched LSU win the National Championship game for college football. No USC person can sincerely say that they would not have preferred to be in the National Championship game rather than playing in the Rose Bowl and then just claiming to be champs. It's nonsense; we know it. Let's move on.

We are getting some of the greatest recruits, have a great coaching staff, and will continue to be a power in college football. Enjoy it, Tiger fans. Let the West Coast people have their fun at USC (the 17 people out there who even care about football). Let the media swoon over them. If we sit around crying about the lack of "respect" for LSU, we just look silly. LSU will earn everyone's respect by proving the 2003 was not a flash in the pan. Contend every year- that's what we must do. Then no one will ignore LSU.

Geaux Tigers! And for any non-LSU people reading this...

Until further notice, LSU is your daddy!!!

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

The problem isn't with the players......

The problem is the USC coach who was suppose to abide by the
    rules.

He chose instead to make a charade out of things along with the
    media.
    Thank God Nick would never act that way.

I won't let USuck take away any joy from these wonderful days of
    LSU football but I will bash USuck all I can as well.

3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

After reading the negative posts from their fans on a number of opposing teams boards, they deserve some bashing. I wont be fixated on it, but poke at em every now and again. We will end up playing them in a bowl game in the next few years. If it dont fall in the Nat'l championship game it will be another bowl, because the public wants it and the bowl commissions know it. We will play them in a BCS bowl within a couple yrs. Until that happens you will for surely get jabbing back and forth with the Trojans.

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

If neither team is in the National Championship, the best opportunity would be 2005 when the Rose Bowl is the National Championship game. The Sugar Bowl's at large team could very well be USC.

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

You guys can move on, but I enjoy hating USC way too much to just drop it. It's gonna be fun cheering for their opponents next season.:D

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug:

6. timmyt

timmyt Founding Member

I agree with LSU'syourdaddy 1000%. I could give a rats ass about anything that is usc. The more we keep ranting about them the more i think it validates their claim to the title.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Agreed. Carroll's, "Looks like we just won the National Championship" comment after the Rose Bowl, signifying that he wasn't going to abide by the rules established by the NCAA and it's affiliated universities to crown the National Champ in the BCS title game, I trash USC every chance I get.
    :geaux:

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

We did play them way back in the 70's. I saw the game and I 've hated USC ever since. They had a really GAY half time show that included Fleetwood mac with that NO SINGING gravel voiced Stevie Nicks playing with the USC band. The Golden Band from Tiger land sounded 100 times better. They sucked then and they suck now, I guess the more things change the more they remain the same.

9. arizona tiger

arizona tiger Founding Member

USC BASHING

A wise man once told me that it's better to be a big fish in a big pond than a big fish in a little pond. (Make's YOU feel more important in the little pond.)

The Patsy-10 is a little pond that usually has two good teams, two or three pretty good teams, and mediocrity galore! Add to that a general lack of large hard-core fan base and you have half full stadia on Saturday's.

Makes it easy for USuCk to recruit and win and look good to the unknowing of the BIG POND: SEC FOOTBALL!

If they had to play UGA, TENN, FLA, LSU, AUBURN, BAMA, & ARK every year, they would be just any other average team most years. :lsug: :geaux:

10. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

I don't give a crap about USC either, but to see how ignorant they are by "claiming a NC even though they had nothing to do with it makes it fun. We could be meeting them as soon as this year! If this does happen, it might just happen to be the largest nationwide crowd to watch a college football game in history!

Damn I can't wait for the season to start!