Who cares about USC?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSU'syourdaddy, Feb 5, 2004.

1. LSU'syourdaddy

LSU'syourdaddy Founding Member

I know it's fun to discuss, but why are LSU fans fixated on bashing USC and the media for loving USC?

Until we play those guys on the field, I could not care any less about their AP ranking. I was in the Super Dome and watched LSU win the National Championship game for college football. No USC person can sincerely say that they would not have preferred to be in the National Championship game rather than playing in the Rose Bowl and then just claiming to be champs. It's nonsense; we know it. Let's move on.

We are getting some of the greatest recruits, have a great coaching staff, and will continue to be a power in college football. Enjoy it, Tiger fans. Let the West Coast people have their fun at USC (the 17 people out there who even care about football). Let the media swoon over them. If we sit around crying about the lack of "respect" for LSU, we just look silly. LSU will earn everyone's respect by proving the 2003 was not a flash in the pan. Contend every year- that's what we must do. Then no one will ignore LSU.

Geaux Tigers! And for any non-LSU people reading this...

Until further notice, LSU is your daddy!!!

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Personally USC is a non issue. I could care less about those Bozos. I realized if they were in the SEC they would have at least 2-3 losses a year....

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

they are an issue but only in that they have risen to the pinnacle at the same time as us and we will be compared to them over and over again for the next several years IMO but we shouldn't be worried about bashing them or anything of that nature. The top 2 teams always will get compared no matter who they are.

4. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Answer this, why does it bother you that we bash USC? Should we just love every team in college football? Would that make you feel better? This is college football, as a fan you're supposed to hate some teams. So why does it bother you so much that USC falls in the category of hated teams for some LSU fans?

5. LSUfan4life

LSUfan4life Founding Member

Why are people defending USC as a tiger fan it is our God given right to hate USC the next thing you know people will be defending Auburn

6. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I think USC has past Notre Dame on my bad list, and that's hard to do. I will definitely be rooting against them every week hoping that they lose at least one somewhere along the way. Too bad there first game is against Virginia Tech. Talk about the lesser of two evils.

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I guess I'm the odd man out ... I'd love to see both LSU and USC do well this season and meet up in the Orange Bowl!

There is only one way to prove who is best ... beat them on the field!

8. usmctiger

usmctiger Founding Member

The thing is

it's the very trashy and classless way that representatives from USC behaved that deserve at least 5 years of derision. They acted horribly about the situation.

Plus, I disdain the left coast, fake, California BS attitude anyway, so it isn't much of a stretch for me to hate USC...

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Good point, if it's not because of USC stealing LSU's glory that you must hate them, hate them because of their lack of class to the given situation. When LSU players were interviewed about the split national title, they simply stated that they were happy with a split. When USC players were asked if they would watch the Sugar Bowl, they replied by saying why would we watch the Sugar Bowl when we already know we won the national title. Lack of class on natioanl television, and one more reason to hate them.

I originally thought it would be nice to meet them in the Orange Bowl next season, but on second thought I hope they lose to some cupcakes next season so the the national media(that is so in love with them) will eat a little crow. Wouldn't it be great if the team, that the media and AP picked as the best team last season, could be exposed next season by some cupcakes. Call me what you will, but I would enjoy this to the fullest!!!

:geaux: :lsug: :helmet:

10. usmctiger

usmctiger Founding Member

Truly

That would be hilarious. The biggest problem I had was with school officials, coaches, etc. spouting the bullcrap. I expect players to whoop and holler but it was downright undiginified and petty to see Carrol and USC officials acting like children about it.

The sad part is we'll never get to see our 2003-2004 Rock Solid, Heisman-breaking Defense crush USC to dust. I had the mental picture in my head of Lavalias and crew stomping USC into the dirt.

Perhaps some graphic design guru could put it into picture format......