Who cares about USC?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSU'syourdaddy, Feb 5, 2004.

1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Re: The thing is

USMC - the worst thing about USC is their band. They play that march about 15 million times a game. The funniest thing is that Stanford fans here give the "Sieg heil" salute in time to the music and march in lock step. It's a RIOT!

Their fans are about as smarmy as their coach is. There are so many Biffs and Buffys in the crowd it's incredible. Stanford alumni are pretty smarmy, but usually the students are cool and have fun. The USC group - ALL OF THEM - are as you say "California Cool"...

Most of us hate the Hollywood thing up here in the Bay Area as well...

2. usmctiger

usmctiger Founding Member

That's an interesting take. I've heard other parts of Cali are surprisingly normal. I've only been to southern, San Diego and LA....fruits and nuts. I think everyone in Southern Cal smokes pot.

3. bayareatiger

USMC, I think you might be on to something there....

No Cal is much greener and not so smoggy, and the people in certain areas here are a lot more real than almost all So Cal folks are...

..,I think the "brook trout look" that Saban talks about so much was perfected in So Cal YEARS ago...

...the less you show you care about ANYTHING, the more So Cal people are impressed with you...

...but nowhere here on the left coast will you find people as friendly as Southerners...

...or as much fun as South Loozianans...

...or that cook as good as my momma (the wife is close)...

...BTW, it took me 25 years of living here to finally figure all of this out...

4. usmctiger

usmctiger Founding Member

Ha, thanks. I'm sure you wouldn't be away from the South unless it was for a good reason!

Good stuff!

5. bayareatiger

LOTS of interesting places to go & do within about a 4 hour drive, great variety of food & cultures (if you're up to that kind of thing), EVERYBODY plays here in concert, crappy college football...

...plus good $$$$...

...so I can afford my high $$$$ *&%# mortgage!!!!!