Who deserves the next Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by mctiger, Feb 25, 2010.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Deke on WWL said last night if the Saints don't repeat, he'd like to see the Lions win the Super Bowl. He's talking about the storyline of a perennial loser turning it around the way we did, but it got me to thinking.....A lot of the talk since we won it all has been about how much the win means to the city and Saints' fanbase. So from that standpoint....there are 14 franchises that have yet to win a Super Bowl: Buffalo, Philadelphia, Carolina, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Tennessee, Detroit, Minnesota, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Arizona, Houston, San Diego and Seattle. Which city/fanbase do you think most deserves a Lombardi? I'm going to go with Cleveland. Loyal fanbase that's been close a few times, had their franchise stolen away, and has also been teased but fell short recently with the Cavs and Indians. It would be cool to see them win it.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I would have to say Buffalo. Detroit isn't hurting they have never even sniffed a Super Bowl, Carolina and Jacksonville are young franchises they can wait, Houston also, Atlanta screw them, and Philly screw them too, Minnesota, eh maybe, San Diego not as long as Philip Rivers is their quarterback, Cleveland and Cincy, i would root for them if they were in it, won't cheer for Seattle anymore.

Yep, sticking with Buffalo, they have great fans, and they have been so close, i think 4 times.

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I'll root for Buffalo but I'll wait for TO to leave first.
    And yeah they lost the Super Bowl 4 years in a row. Insane. To be the second best team in the league that many years in a row. A great accomplishment but still everyone remembers the SB losses.

4. LaSalleAve

so what's worse, never getting close to being in a super bowl, or losing 4 super bowls? Ouch.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Right, that's one of my reasons for going with Cleveland. If you're going to tout Buffalo's 0'fer in Super Bowls, you can make the same case for the Vikings, and after the NFCCG fallout this year, that fanbase sure ain't getting my vote.

6. LaSalleAve

I would cheer for Cleveland if they were in the hunt, that fanbase really deserves something. They were chewed up, spit out, got a new team, and were close to being a good team a few times, but are back in suckland. I agree with you on Minnesota.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

abbd.

any body but dallas. :grin:

8. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

1) Detroit (that city looks like they were hit by Hurricane Katrina times 10)
    2) Cleveland (short drive to Canton...but no SB titles there for the Browns)
    3) Buffalo (0-4)
    4) Minnesota (0-4)
    5) Arizona (won't happen with Lienart)
    6) Cincinnati (should've beaten San Francisco in 1989?)
    7) Seattle (but not with Petey Carroll)
    8) Philadelphia (can Kevin Kolb lead them?)
    9) Tennessee (the top 8 deserve it more)
    10) Houston (you have to make the playoffs first)
    11) Jacksonville (be patient)
    12) Carolina (wait your turn)
    13) Atlanta (they can just admire our |lombardi| for a while :hihi:)
    14) San Diego (their so-called "fans" don't deserve jack!)

9. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Cincy. I used to pull for them when they had Casanova and Mike Anderson. I was pulling for them in the SB they lost.

10. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

I am going with the Saints. That is the only team I want to win the superbowl every year. But if i have to choose someone else, it would be anyone but Dallas or Atlanta or Philadelphia.