Who do you blame the most?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by medtiger, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Well, that all sounds good, but 2 times at Auburn the Officials decided the game on a penalty. Once may be a coincedence..twice? No way..

2. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

Once again, we had our chances, we just did not cash in, go ahead and blame who you want but in the end we played a great team at their house and just came up a little short.......................worse things have happened, we will survive.
    If you don't understand that then you have no clue what college football is about.:lsup:

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You think Auburn didn't have the end zone covered like a glove? The play was a good one. The AU player made a good stop.

Agree. It was obvious we weren't going to establish a running game against the very good Auburn defense.

Agree again, but they made a case for being crooked today. Can they be that incompetent?

I don't think anything's wrong. Sometimes you just get beat by a better opponent. Give Auburn credit here and don't try to lay the blame at someone's feet.

Speculation, but, I was frustrated with not seeing Scott get a chance. I think, again, you just have to tip your hat to Auburn here.

4. FrankA

FrankA Founding Member

RED 55:
    Your second point was critical. The coaching staff seemed determined, in spite of what was happening on the field, to run a "balanced offense." The running game was just not working today, yet they persisted with the play calling

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I also feel we should've aired it out a little sooner. AU had our run stopped point blank, but I don't think they could've stop our run and our air attack. That was pretty well evidenced on the last drive when they sent everybody out to cover our receivers and still almost lost.

But several of the calls were just flat-out bad, and very likely contributed to the ultimate outcome.

However, it's time to pick it up and still have a great season.

6. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Seriusly dude, You are not going to tell me that this game should not have been won by LSU. Yes Auburn is a great team and I never said they were not. We lost, the question was who gets the blame? Well it goes to somebody. Maybe you see it different, but it isn't a coin flip. Things happened that kept us from winning. We are just pointing them out.

I'll let the last little comment of your ignorance slide because, well us Tiger Fans gotta stick together. You don't know me, but if you did I almost guarantee that statement would have never left your mouth.

7. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

I also blame the new clock rule for the loss.

8. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

There are a lot of things I could say about this game, I lot of things I didn't like and could find fault with, but this whole thread is pointless and counterproductive. And after watching the first half of the TN/Fla game, it clear we should win out.

9. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

I agree we should win out, but I don't think that determining who is at fault is counterproductive. If anyone of us screws up at our jobs, someone will certainly let us know about it.

10. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Conducting a critique is fine, but doing nothing but pinning the blame on who deserves it the most is rather childish is you ask me, but then your not so go ahead.