Who do you blame the most?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by medtiger, Sep 16, 2006.

1. INFIDEL

INFIDEL Freshman

The clock? Well, if you can blame the clock you better go ahead and blame the coaches. A balanced offensive goes out the window when there's 4 some odd minutes to go, you haven't run the ball well all night and your down on points. The predictableness and simplicity of Jimbo's offense is troubling, and no I'm not a coach. That is why me predicting plays correctly before the snap is so troubling.

The officiating was horrible, but we shouldn't have been in a situation to for it to lose the game for us.

2. Thundercat99

Thundercat99 Founding Member

Jimbo Point Blank.

THIS IS A FREAKING PASSING TEAM, running Vincent and Hester ad nauseum made me sick. The idea should have been to line up repeatedly in the shotgun and dink and doink it down the field then throw over the top, with an ocassional run here and there to keep'em honest.

I know I'm just joe fan but jesus, I know at least half of us could have come up with a better game plan than this crap!

Your first two possesions of the game you have excellent field position and you call plays like auburnt just made you piss yo pants.

The offensive coaching staff as a whole needs to grow some GD BALLS!! and go for the throat. I swear it's like they were F'n afraid to isolate somebody 1 on 1 and throw deep.

Hell, just once early in the game lineup 5 wide and let it fly. with that kind of talent chances are you hit somebody for a decent gain

I'm so sick of timid play calling which is why I can't stand this loss.

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

You can't point at any one thing. I was a combination of things. I feel the officials were a major part but we had some failed oppurtunities early to pull ahead and possibly shut down the momentum Auburn picked up in the second half. There were some questionable plays called but those were offset by the chance we had on the last play. A couple of bad decisions by Jamarcus but those wash because there were some miscues on the other side too. Now the new clock rules? Who else besides me feel if we had a play or 2 left we would have scored?

4. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

Yep, I am sure Miles and the boys are reading this to find out what they did wrong.

5. edwardejw

edwardejw LSU 4 ever

Simple, Les Miles is to blame. I might be in the minority but I think that Russell will never lead LSU to a champoinship. He makes bad decisions, like running up the field with no time outs and 46 seconds left. Why in God's name is he starting. He has great stats but he throws high % passes. He gets flustered and like David Carr here in Houston, he can't find more than 1 receiver. Sure he is 15 and 3 but how many ranked teams has he played against. Miami would have kicked our butts if he started that game. I bet Flynn would never have been in that situation today, bad calls or not.

6. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Who do I blame? I blame the ****ing refs, man. This was a defensive gem by both teams. It was an impressive game, and how many people would say that when the score ends up being 7-3, even though LSU probably should have won along the lines of 13-7 give or take. Farking idiot refs. :angryfire

7. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

JMarc shouldn't be blamed. 2 bad plays and the whole game is his fault? That's certainly not fair. Who else would you have perfered with the ball in their hands? I'd blame bad calls before JMarc. I do question the coaching on not playing freshman. Auburn certainly had no problems playing Irons as a freshman, why we didn't give our Freshman running backs the same chance is beyond me.

Honesty though, exactly how can you blame any player? That's like saying they WANTED to lose. None of the LSU players or coaches for that matter wanted to lose this game. Bad plays, bad calls, bad running, and a GOOD Auburn was why we lost the game. Any of those things could have happen to Auburn and they'd be the ones talking about "who should we blame?" instead of us.

8. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

1. Kenny Irons - the man is a freak
    2. Auburn - they're for real
    3. Jimbo - when will he learn that JV can not run inside?

9. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

Uh...the refs definantly lost the game for us.....first off, hester caught the ball them funbled but the didnt review the close call for auburn and that was the first time ever i have seen somebody waive off a pass interference....im still in shock and definantly still drunk

10. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I think LSU simply didn't cash in on enough opportunities early in the game. We had several drives in Auburn territory, and all we managed was 3 points?

I agree that some of this comes back to Jimbo not willing to go downfield. We have some of the fastest receivers in the nation, a quarterback who can throw it to the end zone from anywhere on the field, yet we can't throw deep? I'd have to look at the game again, but I can only recall a couple of plays that we try to go deep on.

When are we going to try to burn teams with the long ball? I believe if we can burn them deep a few times, the running game will open up naturally. But for whatever reason we seem to need to establish the run first.

That being said, Auburn out played us and deserved to win. Hopefully we continue to improve and will get on a roll going into Florida.