Who do you blame the most?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by medtiger, Sep 16, 2006.

1. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

The Refs made some bad calls but they do not win or lose a game. When you only score 3 points I think that says something about your offense. I don't put a lot of it on the players. I put it on the inept coaching staff that doesn't seem to grasp what the players strenghts and weaknesses are. Obviously the strength of this team at this point in the season is not running the ball. That O Line cannot run block. Yet Miles and or Jimbo is calling obvious running plays at terrible spots in the game. How about that set with the bunch formation and a lone set back which was a pitch play every time?? The coachin is dull and unimaginative. This is a boring offense. You got game breaking speed receivers and a qb who throws the ball a mile yet you run that offense. I put a little bit on JR for a few poor decisions late...He of course took a sack which is a major no no and then he threw to a receiver who was 5 yards out of the endzone.

2. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Normally, I would agree, but not today. In a low-scoring game like this, those calls were crucial. They clearly impacted the outcome of the game.

3. sweatspurplgold

sweatspurplgold Founding Member

:helmet: it's all les. i know alot of people are blaming jimbo right now but.....
    JIMBO IS NOT THE HEAD COACH. I am pretty sure les was aware of the plays being called and if he were watching the same game that i was, he had to have seen what was working and what was not. I do know les doesn't make the calls but he has to have some sort of influence on the playcalling. Refs did a bad job and jr had a bonehead moment but if we play the ENTIRE game the same way we played the last drive of the half and the last one of the game, none of us would be having this discussion. We win by 14-21 points. When are they gonna realize that it doesn't have to be run to set up the pass but vice versa.

4. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

LSU fans and bad reps has nothing to do with the words or
    statements that we have shared tonight. You made a personal attack and I responded, as I have stated I am an LSU fan 100% because of my upbringing, the reason we lost is because the team lost, you must think something different...............

The little remark about LSU fans having a bad rep is crap,
    that was only intended to you because of your statement, I
    have sent a personal email, if you don't like what I have said so be it, let me know, but don't try and be a smart ass
    on this message board, i'm not one to talk much crap, but
    you have brought it out.
    As stated, you have my email, if you have a problem with me just let you fingers do the walking,........
    Not much else to say, we lost and it sucks.............You or anyone else can't understand that is not worth talking about.................

5. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

Another that should not post...................yeah, we have some other special kid in the area, good job Kenny

6. LSU_Fan_In_OK

LSU_Fan_In_OK Founding Member

i am not sure who to blame.

the refs didnt help any lol

7. NCTIGER1977

NCTIGER1977 Freshman

Miles and Fisher bear the blame for continuing to try to make a quarterback out of JR. David Green, Brodie Coyle, Chris Leak, J.D. Shockley, the Vandy qb Culter would have figured out a way to win that game yesterday. It's the Archie Manning syndrome; a qb that looks great on paper; can't deliver the big games.

JR has had the LUXURY of playing behind an outstanding offensive line and having oustanding skill position players and defense that kept points off the board and good field position.

Chris Jackson could have QB'ed half the wins last year!

JaMarcus Russell is not as good at quarterback as any of the other 21 players are at their position. He is the weakest member on the field.

8. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

JR has had what 6 4th quarter or come from behind wins?? He has guided LSU to big wins against Bama, Florida, Auburn, Oregon St etc and he doesnt come through in big games?? How about the bowl game against Iowa that he would have gotten credit for a come back win in if it werent for a hail mary. I put this on coaches who called the game and were vanilla at times. They have little imagination. I dont think JR is a great qb and he makes his mistake i.e not throwing the ball away and taking that sack late...or throwing that pass over the middle to Vincent late instead of throwing it away. If there isnt a penalty on that play, LSU doesnt even have another snap

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

JR made a couple of very very bad decisions but overall had a pretty good game. I don't think you will ever see a game where a QB makes the right decision every single time although the sack is inexcusable and he should be wearing a dunce hat at the next practice for that one.

I've never seen a game where the refs had such a huge effect on the outcome and they deserve a lions share of the blame. However we still should have won despite the unbelievably bad officiating. The offensive game plan was bland and unimaginitive and was not adjusted as the game went on. JR had time to throw and AU simply couldn't cover or recievers, problem was the coaching staff mixed in just enough run to stall drives. I'm thinking the coaching staff will be beating their heads on their desk as they watch this game film.

Yesterday proved that we have one hell of a football team that can stay on the field with anyone in the nation. It also proved that if we want to win these games we will need neutral officiating and some improvement on offense both by the players and the coaching staff.

I don't see one game left on the schedule that I don't expect us to win. Hopefully we will continue to improve and we will never see this officiating crew step on a football field ever again.

10. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

I hate to say it but I don't think that Miles can win on the road in the SEC. He has only played 3 big road games, Alabama- the only reason we won was Laron, SEC Championship- we got whipped, last night- we score 3 points. LSU will never have a better team than they have right now and Les can't seem to get it done on the road. If he goes into UT and UF and somehow wins then he disproves this theory.