Who do you blame the most?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by medtiger, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

I don't think it is healthy to go back and look for someone to blame. A healthy organization will sit down, review what happened and make the necessary adjustments. This was a HUGE game and both teams on that field came to play. Both teams tried to run the ball against two very solid defenses. Both QB's made some bad decisions. When you are in an atmosphere that is as electric as that was with 18 - 23 year old kids there are going to be breakdowns. These are not NFL players, these are kids out of high school. To try to pin the blame on a player is nuts. The pressure on that field is something that I don't think any of us (unless you played the game at this level) can truly appreciate. These guys gave a valiant effort and save for some horrible officiating could have won the game. We can Monday Morning QB this thing to death and look to point fingers but none of that is going to fix anything. You sit down, look at the points you need to improve and you correct the things you need to, then go out for the next game. There is still plenty of season left and plenty to play for.

By the way, this was one of the best games I've ever attended.

I was not far from the Tiger's Tunnel and watched JR and Dwayne Bowe come over and talk with what appeared to be family at the end of the game. If any of you could have seen these kids faces after the game you would think differently about trying to assign blame to any of them. These young men played their hearts out on that field and it showed. Now lets get back to work and get ready for Tulane. This one is done.

:geauxtige

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Great post :thumb:

3. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I dont like to blame the players either. It is a havey burden to know that the outcome of your game will make or break an entire week for a lot of people. Basically the world is on their shoulders in Bayou Country. I will point a finger at play calling though. The coaches are adults and are legally paid and they have a right to be criticized. I think the case in point is that same freaking bunch formation toss play that they ran about 6 times in that game. My girlfriend was watching and even noticed they were running the same freaking play. You think Will didntk now it??