Who does Miles covet?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Beaux-Bo, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Head coaches know their coordinators are going to get offers to be head coaches if they are good. Typically you want your coordinators to get "their" shot because it means they are doing a good job.

You know Miles was anticipating replacing Jimbo before he left, because year after year he was on most short list for head coach vacancies. Miles was probably anticipating loosing Pelini last year if the right offer came up for him.

So the question is... Who has Miles been coveting as the new DC if Pelini leaves (and Miles stays of course)?

1 person likes this.
  2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Hell of a question. I really don't pay attention to the names of assistant coaches not employed by LSU. Some body throw out some names of guys out there.

Before this past Thurs., I would have thought maybe USF's DC, because they have a decent D. But after Ray Rice ran right through them, maybe not.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Very good question...I almost didn't even read this thread.

I have no idea, and really have nothing to contribute, as I'm not familiar with asst coaches either.

4. clair

clair Rockets

if he gets fired from Ole Miss like many say he will, Ed Orgeron at Ole Miss.

Although he is a wacko, dude can coach defense, and dude is also a MASTER recruiter.

EDIT: and dude is also from LA.

5. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

Good question, I didn't see it either until just now.

Does anybody think Bud Foster at VT is attached to Beamers hip or would he consider it. Year in, Year out they always have a good D.

6. NoLimitMD

I'm going to need TF to pay for dictation in that case. No way can I singlehandedly type out and comment on all of the idiocy that would ensue.

7. NoLimitMD

Also, there's a world of difference between coaching a function (e.g. defensive line) and being a coordinator. Ole Miss should have known this, but they didn't. Shocker, I know.

8. clair

clair Rockets

i am not in any way defending him. just making a suggestion and throwing a name out there, but at SC, he only wasn't the "D-Coordinator", because Carroll gives that title to himself.

He was the assistant head coach, meaning he was basically the right hand man. Listen, I think he is a lug-nut as much as anyone, but I also think he is one of the best recruiters in the country.

9. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Leading candidate has to be Jon Tenuta of GT. Runs a blitzing style that is constantly among the nation's best despite limited talent.

If his system were run with LSU's players it'd be a tremendous defense. His system relies on speed, which as you know we have plenty of. I wouldn't be suprised to see him at the top of our list.

10. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

Nice post. You read my mind. If he's not tabbed for a head coaching position next year he would be a very good choice.