Who I think should be fired might surprise you

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by wjray, Nov 21, 2009.

1. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

I had to work today (kept up with most of the game through my cell phone) and jumped in the car anxious to turn on the radio and hear the last quarter and a few minutes.

Now, I don't listen to radio coverage of many games anymore. Almost all of the games are on TV and I just don't have the patience to fiddle with the DVR until I get the synching right.

Then blazing down I 10 across the Spillway bridge, I got to listen to Jim Hawthorne try to let me know what was going on in the end of the game.

He's horrible. He can't get formations right, he can't get players' names right, can't tell how many yards are gained (or lost) on a play and God forbid if you're depending on him to describe the action on the field for you. I fully kept expecting to hear something like "LSU comes out with 3 receivers split to the left, wait, no, that's actually 4 split wide right. Jefferson under center, wait, no, he's in the shotgun, sort of. With somebody next to him. He calls for the ball. He hands it, no, wait, he rolls out to throw. Oh my God, I can't believe what I just saw! Jack Hunt! Jack Hunt! Jack Hunt! He picks up 7 on a 1st and 10, so it's second and six."

Yeah, I'm exaggerating, but on the last drive, and in particular the last four or five plays, I had no idea what was going on, who was doing it or how much time was left on the clock. It really is mind boggling.

I realize this has absolutely nothing to do with the team's performance on the field or the coaches' inept game mangement and won't change a thing about the outcome, but good Lord, it was painful to listen to. It got to the point where I was trying to hear the stadium announcer just so I could figure out who was involved in the pay and about how many yards he picked up.

Ok, maybe Jim shouldn't be fired, but somebody's head has to roll and I'm still too upset to talk about coaching or clock management at the end of this game yet.

:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I say the Lead Official who was standing in the endzone and watched as someone threw something at Jefferson yet decided to do nothing.

While you're at it...fire a few more and get rid of Slive too!

3. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

you just described the LSU coaching staff.

4. LSUFan2000

LSUFan2000 Veteran Member

and Jefferson did? Lets see its the coaching staff fault for Jefferson taking the 5 sacks. Its the coaching staff fault for the defense allowing Ole Piss to score. Its the coaching staff fault that Jefferson is sacked on 3rd and what ever it was and we lose not only 20 yards but field goal range. Dude stop acting like a spoiled brat and grow up. The fact of the matter is we have no QB and losing Scott killed us.

5. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I know you're not talking to me.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

LMAO!

First laugh of the night. Man oh man!

Must be dan's little brother.

7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

The guy isn't very bright boss.

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

anyone remember that show "sybil"? This could be John, logged on as one of the other people in his mind.

1 person likes this.
  9. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

uhhh ooohhh :lol: