Who in the 2004 recruiting class with get PT?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 7, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Who do you think will NOT be redshirted out of all 29 recruits this year?

I will rate mine in order of likelyhood to play this year:

1) Early Doucet
    2) Claude Wroten
    3) Mario Stevenson
    4) Ali Highsmith
    5) Tim Washington
    6) Luke Sanders
    7) Xavier Carter
    8) Craig Steltz
    9) Glenn Dorsey
    10) Herman Johnson

Just to give you and idea from the 2003 class, from what I can see only 9 players saw significant PT and I think the rest were redshirted, unless they played on special teams. So I think at most maybe 10-11 played. If anyone knows the exact number, please post.

I just feel strongly that Doucet has too much talent to keep off the field in 2004. Wroten and Stevenson already bring experience, and we have a need in the positions they play for experience. After that it may be a crap shoot. Washington has already been grey shirted, so I would suspect that he may be ready to play. Sanders, Carter, Steltz, Dorsey and Johnson also bring a lot of talent to the table that may warrent them seeing some PT. EJ Kuale still has a grades issue, so I am not sure about him. If he gets past that, I think he will see PT as well.

To be able to redshirt nearly 20 players is incredible. This shows how deep this team is already.

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I'd have to put Steltz a little higher on that list...maybe switching places w/ Sanders, or even Washington. I also think that while he may not start right away, Big Herman will get a chance to
    show what he can do fairly early.

3. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

i agree, Doucet is closest to a lock. i think the X-man will also definitely get a chance. WR is one of the "easier" positions to step right in. for example, both Bowe and Buster played this year. X-man will definitely be able to compete for a shot. we have a long list of freshmen WR's who stepped right in: Bowe, Buster Davis, Green, Clayton, J Meyers, A Booty, etc. etc.

4. islstl

Yeah you can swap Carter and Sanders out, or even put Carter as high as #4. It's close.

5. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

I think Sanders and Herman Johnson will be redshirted. Herm looks to have unbelievable upside but no way could he stay with a quick defensive end at this time. I think Highsmith has athletic ability similar to Eric Alexander so I would put him on the list.

6. islstl

I forgot about Highsmith. I will adjust my original post.

I just think Sanders will have an incredible Sping and earn some PT. Big Herm has the natural ability to earn some PT as well, we will have to see what is work ethic is like. If he works hard enough and wants it bad enough, the RT spot is his.

7. Tigerskin

No way wiil Herm

play in front of Nate Livings. Maybe second string but I doubt it. Just my opinion but I think a fast DE would be licking their chops if Herm has to play next year. Now with a couple of years of conditioning and foot speed work, the sky is the limit.

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I gotta think Kuale would play before Highsmight. Maybe not, but I just would think with a year already at Ga Tech and a year(or two) at a JUCO, he might be ready to come right in with some PT...

9. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

true... Highsmith spent a year away from football whereas Kuale was playing against top flight HS prospects in JUCO

10. Tigerskin

But Highsmith is already enrolled and Kuale is currently back at JC taking a course. Furthermore Highsmith is better suited for Alexander's position than Kuale. I do think that both will be good players for us.