Who in the 2004 recruiting class with get PT?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 7, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

First I don't know how Sanders can have a great spring practice if he's still in HS. Did he graduate yet?

Also, Big Herm will redshirt this year in my opinion, he will need a lot of grooming I think along with weright training and such. His technique isn't close at this time to be able to stop SEC D-linemen.

Kuale missing Spring will maybe put him behind Highsmith, we'll see.

Favorite may have a good opportunity as he is already incredibly strong and big, but of course the talent at DE and DT is very good.

Either Doucet and/or Carter will get plaing time for sure. One of them may even be the second guy back on kickoffs or even both of them as Skyler's forte is punt returns. That should be interesting to see. Can you imagine how the crowd would erupt if on the first kickoff return of the season against OSU both of them run back to the goal line. The crowd will go wild and the OSU players will be wondering what the heck is going on.

And as much as Saban has decided to go with speed on special teams at all positions the ones that like to block and tackle could see action also.

2. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Luke cant participate in Spring Practice, unless you know something the rest of us dont. He is still in HS right?

1. Doucet
    2. Wroten
    3. Carter
    4. Washington
    5. Herm
    6. Stephenson
    7. The deep snapper (lol, he's supposed to a great snapper)
    8. Stelz
    9. Favorite or Dorsey
    10. Highsmith

3. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

I'm pretty sure Herman was quoted as saying he wouldn't redshirt and would compete for the RT spot. That was supposed to be what the coaches told him. To me if he doesn't win the starting spot they should just redshirt him though.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You are exactly correct about Big Herm. That doesn't mean he is automatically given the RT spot, but it is his to take if he works hard enough. Lots of competition from other highly regarded recruits from the last 2 years will make this difficult.

My bad on Sanders. I had a brain cramp on that one.

5. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

I will wager whatever you want

that Nate Livings will be the starting right tackle unless he gets hurt.

6. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

Livings is going to switch to tackle? He played guard this season.

7. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

8. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Don't you guys think that Xman will redshirt? I think Doucet, Bowe, Buster, and Amp are going to compete for the other 3 WR slots. Also, what is the name of that 27 yr old walk-on, does anyone know about this guy?
    Steltz will not redshirt and be playing with JDaniels and Francis for the SS spot next to LaRon. Stevenson will be the Nickel guy, with Nick Childs backing up and don't forget that Jeffrey Jack will see some PT as a backup probably. I think Curtis Taylor will RS.
    Herm should probably RS and get his strength and footspeed up.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

If we don't have a lot of kids transferring out this year we may redshirt more than the normal amount this just do to the fact that we have only 9 seniors on next years roster.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It's not a bad dilemna to be in, having to redshirt all these players, even as much as you would want to see how they would fare on the field.

We may see only 7-8 players of this 2004 recruiting class on the field, with 2 of them being JUCO transfers (Wroten/Stevenson) and 2 others from last year that resigned (Washington and Highsmith). Pretty amazing. That leaves only 3-4 players out of the rest not being redshirted (Doucet/Carter, Steltz, Sanders, Favorite/Dorsey).