Who in the 2004 recruiting class with get PT?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 7, 2004.

1. yellowex

yellowex Founding Member

yall are forgetting ryan miller. i think he will see some playin time next season

2. conradj

conradj Founding Member

MOre often than not, coasches tend to RS offensive lineman. I would think that with the depth we have at lineman right now, he redshirts. Especially if he stays at center, but I think he will move to guard, but who knows

3. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

You have to realize that Will Arnold and Jerry Sevin just RS last year so they will be ready to push for PT. I imagine almost all OL's RSin except Max Holmes because he is a center and someone needs to learn from Ben before he leaves.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It's possible that Miller would be the heir to the center position as well however as he is much more highly touted. Then you have someone like Sevin who was just as highly touted in last years class. So it's a crap shoot as far as lineman go.

Depth at O-line is just sick for LSU.

5. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Reshirt all except for Doucet. Let them get bigger stronger and faster and get a year of college under their belt.

6. tbass82

tbass82 Founding Member

Gulf Coast, i talked to Pat sat. night, i mentioned you and i think he said your name was Andy, anyway, he's signed to play baseball and football at Perk if i'm not mistaken.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I don't think we are going to redshirt either Carter or Early, they both get playing time in my opinion. And the Lineman may all redshirt to get a year of intense weight training under their belt, they can lift a lot more during the week if they know that they aren't playing on the weekend. And also learn the system. Now if one of them comes in and proves he is better than any one else than he plays. We did get a lot more O-line guys this year.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Unfortunately with such a huge class as this (29 players) you are forced to play almost half of them. Otherwise your numbers are out of balance as far as freshman, soph, junior and seniors go.

If you redshirt this entire class, then you would have in excess of 29 players who would be seniors (the 29 players here and whoever would not redshirt the following season). Of course this assumes no transfers, everybody makes it to being a senior on the team, etc. just for sake of argument. 38-42 seniors is obviously not acceptable.

So look for a minimum 10 recruits and probably 12-15 will play this year. Some of these you will only see on special teams.

9. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

I'd like to see Carter redshirted this year if possible. That would leave us Green as a junior, Bowe and Davis as sophomores, Hill and Doucet as redshirt freshman & true freshman, and Carter and Hawkins as redshirt freshman & grayshirt freshman. We're loaded with talent and I'd prefer not to waste any of it on the bench and extend it if possible.

I feel Green, Hill, Doucet, Davis, and Bowe with some of the less heralded talent should be sufficient to get us through the season next year, and if I'm not mistaken, academics was high on Carter and his family's list, so I think he/they may be open to it.

10. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

I think Favorite might be able to see some PT this year. He is already one of the strongest and best conditioned members of our squad( and he's not even at school yet). I think he just may be physcial enough to see some PT.

I also am conficted about big Herm. He needs to work on his stregnth and speed, but last year he didn't give up a single sack. College is different but thats still pretty impressive play.