who is going to have a breakout game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 19, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Watch for the chop block.

2. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I would like to see Randle get more catches. It's obvious from the last several games, Lee and TT have a chemistry, but I think the same could be developed with Randle. TT and RR are the two big receivers, both 6'5 and 6'4. I think Sheppard is the speedster of the bunch, but at 6'1, they need to call the right routes for him to get the ball in a position where he can air it out a bit after the catch. The screens are not taking full advantage of what he can do. Peterson is the bread and butter, and if any of the receivers have a breakout, I think it will be him over the middle.

I've got high hopes for this offense this weekend if they start Lee and keep him in. JJ can pass, but he's not accurate, and he doesn't put the "touch" on his passes that maximizes the receivers abilities. ... he just rares back and fires it and hopes they can catch it.

But .. I think after looking at the McNeese game .. .the run game is going to be the big story. Run it often, and sustain the drives, eat up the clock, and keep the Defense fresh to stop Newton.

I"m thinking a 27 to 20 game LSU wins.

:geaux:

3. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

I've been thinking a lot of Deangelo and his potential impact in this game. I am inclined to say that Tolliver is going to have a big game against the AU secondary (size + chemistry with J Lee) but the TE play is going to create some great opportunities for us. Getting the ball to D Peterson should be one focus. Clear out the secondary and then float the TE over the middle. With the injuries Auburn has on defense, I don't think its a good idea to go man to man with our receivers. This means we should have a lot of opportunities to exploit openings in the zone.

4. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

I agree -- heard a barner on sports talk radio yesterday who is frustrated because the Auburn secondary is playing everything in front of them since they don't have the talent to go man. It what he says is true, the TEs, the RBs, the slant routes are going to be money, so DP may have a 100+ day alone. I'll take JL with his quick release and 5-10 every play all day long.

:geaux:

5. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

:thumb: Nobody does it better.

6. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I was going to say Lee. He could have done it already if Miles wasn't so stubborn.

This will, in fact, be perfect for slowing down the tempo of the game and taking AU out of its comfort zone.

7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

D Pete is my first choice. But since he seems to be a crowd favorite, I'm gonna go with T2. Not a "breakout" since he's a senior and much is expected, but more of a bust 'em up game.

Lee is gonna let T2 go get a couple and Auburns crappy pass defense is gonna look their crappierest.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Ford. He earned a bigger role in the offense with his play last week, and he'll make it pay off.

9. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Man, that's gotta be pretty crappy...

10. T1gerfive

T1gerfive SANTA

I'm going with Michael Ford in this game.