Who is gone after this football season?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Apr 28, 2005.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Impact seniors...
    • Joseph Addai
    • Shyrone Carey
    • Kevin Steltz
    • David Jones
    • Rudy Niswanger
    • Nate Livings
    • Andrew Whitworth
    • Skyler Green
    • Melvin Oliver
    • Claude Wroten
    • Kyle Williams
    • E.J. Kuale
    • Ken Hollis
    • Cameron Vaughn
    • Ronnie Prude
    • Mario Stevenson
    Thats alot of hits... then if some juniors go...
    • Alley Broussard
    • Justin Vincent
    • Dwayne Bowe
    • Craig Davis
    • Chase Pittman
    • Jessie Daniels
    • Sammy Joseph
    • LaRon Landry
    I look at these lists and have to think to myself, "How can we not win a national championship this year?" I also have to think "While we have some great backups who should step in and do really well in 07, i have a feeling that it may be a tough year..." Seems like it is really going to be a transition year.. alot of names we have grown used to will be gone. any opinions?

2. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

need more great classes to come in....

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

jimbo fisher*

4. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

5. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Bo Pelini

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

As of right now, I wouldn't think any of the juniors will leave early.

As far as seniors, we will lose some really talented guys, but it's we've got a whole lot of people waiting in the wings for their shot at these positions. Don't forget those top ranked recruiting classes Saban pulled in, alot of those kids have been redshirted or haven't gotten to show what they can do yet. We've also got this past year's & next year's recruiting class that will be here by then as well.

This year should be something special, but next year we should still be good.

7. JVincent25

I could see Landry going, and carrying at the very least a first day grade, with an impressive 40 time he could crack the first round. But another year would do him good and I hope he comes back. All the other guys won't be able to showcase their stuff enough to get a high enough stock. Don't forget that JR could go pro. If he has any sort of consistency, with his size and arm strength a team would be willing to use a high draft pick on him. Don't see it happening though.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

This is hardly a concern. First of all, even if he has a good year, I doubt it would be good enough to warrant leaving 2 years early. I'm not sure how many drafts you've watched, but how many redshirt sophmore QB's have you seen drafted with an early pick because he has size & strength?? Talented senior QB's with potential often don't go early (or at all), much less somebody coming out of college 2 years early! This is laughable, at best.

9. JVincent25

All it takes is one good year. Carson Palmer went from a 3rd rounder at best to the number one pick in the draft. If he puts up the numbers teams would start drooling over his size and arm, especially with the drop off at true QB talent after Leinart. I agree with you that it is extremely unlikely, but to dismiss it would be foolish.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

With the amount of seniors we have on this team this will be the year to fullfill a lot of expectations as I just don't see us being able to win even the west the following year. especially having to replace 5 out of 6 o-line starters, 2 DL starters and possibly all 3 of our starting LB's. 2007 could be a tough year, especially at the start.