Who is gone after this football season?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Apr 28, 2005.

1. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

One could argue that our DL will be better once Williams and Wroten graduate, Dorsey/Favorite/Stewart/etc. are gonna be explosive from the inside. We've got some backups with tons of potential on the O-Line and LB's too. Saban definetely left the cupboard full, we shouldn't struggle too much as long as we get consistent QB play. And 2007? Don't you mean 2006?

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Don't forget about all of our "question marks" 2 years ago....that turned out allright.

That's the price of success--lots of talent leaves--some cases, leaves early. But the good thing about players leaving early, it usually indicates that your program is doing lots of good things--which attracts more good players.

Our reserves are hardly scrums. We have a LOT of talent--even for the next few years to come.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I agree we have a full cupboard, but they will all be somewhat limited in experience and I just don't remember losing that many starters in a long, long time. I may be wrong.

4. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

Winning NC is a tall order & I dont care how many seniors that we have on the team. It would take talent, coaching, team chemistry and a lot of luck. We have waited from 1958 to 2003 to win the 2d NC. Set your goal up too high for the school would set yourself up for failure.

Go back & look at the 2003 NC team and you should know what I mean.

Would someone posts the list of coaches who won the NC on his first year?

5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Spoken like a true loser. Whether you are a player, coach, student or fan, you have to expect the best every year. If this team plays at its best, it will win the NC. You never go into anything expecting less than the best, because that is exactly what you will get.

6. JKIII

JKIII Founding Member

I Definately agree!!! It may be a tall order...but the team has more talent than we had in 2003 by far...You gotta expect the best then if something happens...accept and don't bitch if they did actually play their best. As far as losing the seniors...yes that will be a huge hit...but Miles will have a year under him in recruiting...and when we finish high this season in the polls, (And dominate the SEC) this year...There will be transfers and MORE unexpected recruits...
    We need to start getting more non-La and TX recruits, although these haven't been too bad in the past.

7. Tiger1958

There is a difference between expectation and reality. Let's assume that there are 20 teams or more out there that have their goal to win the NC. What is the odd that we will win one (20). That is a sucker bet.

It is just an advice, before you call anyone a loser. Look at yourseft in the mirror first. If you have a way to set goal, manage the expectation and measure your goal vs reality then you will be fine.

8. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

He who reaches for the stars may get a low hanging apple for his effort.. always expect the best...

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Last time I checked there were 117 division IA teams. It would be foolish to think that most of them DON'T aspire to winning one of the NCs (damn system.) What would be the point of going out there on gameday thinking that you have NO chance at winning the :crystal: ? Sure it's a crapshoot at 1 (or 2, 3) out of 117, but someone has to win it, and I think that the teams who set their goals higher will have a helluva better shot at getting it than someone who doesn't care. One should set many goals in life. You should have smaller goals such as conference or division championships that are easier to attain, but you should never lay your eyes off of the real prize..

10. Tiger1958

I taugh my kids to reach for the star. If they fall short, they still very successful. I also told them do not call anyone a loser unless he/her is an arrogant SOB.

btw: I'm very proud of my kids & grandkids accomplishment