Who is more stubborn......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by aztiger, Oct 8, 2010.

1. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

Meyer or Miles:

Brantley has looked mostly awkward running a play book designed around 2007 Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow, but the scheme is part of Meyer’s DNA and it’s what his assistants know best. So it’s not going anywhere.

“The option serves a lot of purposes,” Meyer said. “There is a price for a poorly executed option, which you’re kind of seeing every once in a while. Do you eliminate it or do you improve upon it? History shows that we usually put a premium on improving it and getting it better because there has to be a little bit of it. To say it’s going to be eliminated, that’s not going to happen.”

Sound familiar? Maybe the first team to stop running the option will win.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It is part of being a coach in trying to teach the players how to run certain plays better..

Trust me when I say this, if Brantley doenst get it soon two things will happen.

A) He will never run it with Brantley in again
    B) Brantley will not start again

Anyway, I dont know the name, but one of their Freshamn QB's is a good runner..

3. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

“There is a price for a poorly executed option, which you’re kind of seeing every once in a while. Do you eliminate it or do you improve upon it? History shows that we usually put a premium on improving it and getting it better because there has to be a little bit of it. To say it’s going to be eliminated, that’s not going to happen"

I guarantee if you started a thread attributing this quote to our coach, you'd have a 40-pages of "Time to grab my tylenol" jokes.

4. aztiger

Your right....looks like his 1 week retirement and a losing Tebow may have cost him some "offensive genius" points. That certainly does not roll off the tongue. If he starts saying "We have a want to throw the jump pass" then the transformation will be complete.

5. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

part of that is addazio but yeah i hear you.

at least crowton (stand back, i'm about to compliement him sort of) can run an offense without spread aspects. he just chooses not to.

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

:lol:

7. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I have to think Burton will get the starting job once he has a year under his belt in Meyer's system.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I just don't get why he recruited this kid if this was how he was planning on using him.

That's baffling.

I give Meyer a grade of F on that whole situation.

I think Burton will be there QB by year's end and the next 3 years to follow.

9. aztiger

Agree, the kid will get killed running, he is not built for that. I think the biggest issue is they have not had a real running back since Tebow started running.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

A major part of why I consider the greatest Tebow the greatest collegiate ever to play the game. Not only did they not have a running game, they did not have much of a receiving corps the entire time he was there. Yet they averaged over 40 ppg those last 3 years.