Who is on the hot seat in the SEC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Jul 23, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Twisted, I'm sorry but this is untrue about SC

They take their football very seriously over there in Columbia; the admin and fans are rabid about football and it's the coaches that have let them down not the school. Holtz is an old fart and may need to retire, not go to another program to bring disharmony and unrest, as he does everywhere he goes.

But USC fills their stadium everygame, has a great campus and good facilites. They were the first program in the country to have a TAF like booster club and all other programs are modeled after there's. No, it's the school, it's the coaches they have brought in.

2. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

SC's campus.... :dis:

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Please tell us about the glory days of SC football because I must have slept through them. The game chickens have never been a legitimate SEC football team no matter who the coach was. Their football tradition and prowess ranks right up there with Vandy. Filling the stadium with fans and pulling for your team does not indicate a commitment to building a legitimate program. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Twisted, filling the stadium, bringing in the best coaches they can, building the best facilities, having a big recruiting budget, firing the coaches that didn't win, etc. does show that they have a big committment to their football program. I never said they had a great winning tradition or many glory days as you put it. They are no where near Vandy, MSU, Ole Miss or Kentucky when it comes to the commitment of their athletic department in trying to build a top notch program. Bringing in Holtz instead of a cheap no name coach is evidence of that. you can knock them for their record but not for their effort.

And I think Holtz is the problem, not the solution.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I agree Holtz is not getting the job done but I'm not sure he is totally to blame. If they are as commited as you seem to think then why haven't they been able to build a consistant winner in SC? They are close to Georgia and Florida two states stacked with high school talent, they play in the SEC and Holtz has shown he has coaching ability at other stops in his coaching career.
    They also did nothing in the many years before Holtz, did this big time commitment to building a respectable program start just recently? Usually if a university puts the money and the effort behind a program and really commits to building a winner eventually it happens to some degree but SC isn't even close and never has been. You live in that area and probably have a handle on their situation but I just don't see it.
    :) :) :) :) :)

6. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Holtz can't go fast enough for me. That little leprechaun has always gotten on my nerves. Didn't like him at Arkansas or Notre Dame.....
    Good riddance. :lol: