Who is Running back u?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Proud Tiger, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

nah not really. I guess USC being #1 and us #2 just solidifies that "love in between us theory." :rofl: :rofl:

2. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

I had no doubt USC would be #1 and i really though UGA would be a close #2. Auburn should clearly be in the top 10. LSU not even in the top 20? That's a bit surprising, but, whatever...

I will gladly take our program over Auburn's. And I'd bet auburn fan, if he was honest, would love to have what LSU has right now.

Enjoy your # 2 ranking for a statistic no one really cares about. We'll take our 2 SEC Championships and 1 National Championship in the last 3 years over what AU has accomplished any freaking day of the week. Thank you, come again.

3. tigger1

tigger1 Founding Member

Hi

Here is the link to running back U counting pro careers:

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2004/Columnists/HistoricalDebate_RBURC.htm

Here is my reply on SEC fantics:

I do wonder if he even thought about LSU

1. Steve Van Buren 900 yards in one season and all pro
    2. Jimmy Taylor only person to win a rushing title from J. Brown
    3. Billy Cannon won the Heisman, played DB in the pros.
    4. Charles Alexander backed up T. Robiskie two years and still had the career SEC rushing title until H. Walker. 4035 yards.
    5. Dalton Hilliard 4050 career yards.
    6. Kevin Faulk 4557 carreer yards, still playing pro football.
    7. Terry Robiskie 2517 yards while only starting his last two years, One of the Raiders career leading rushers.
    8. Harvey Williams 2860 yards, played pro ball with KC.
    9. Labrandon Toefield 2291 career yards, in an injury plagued career like H. Williams.
    10. Rondell Mealey 2238 yards while backing up K. Faulk.
    11. Brad Davis 2,165 yards.
    12. Domanick Davis 2056 yards backing up L. Toefield.
    13. Garry James 2217 yards backing up D. Hilliard.
    14. Jerry Stovall finished 2nd in the Heisman race behind that all world T. Baker, All pro at DB a number of years.

All of the above played pro football at rb other than Cannon and Stovall who played db in the pros.

That doesn't include players like Hokie Gajan, Gene Lang, Jesse Myles, Tommy Neck, Victor Jones etc who all played pro football.

(I know Jimmy, Steve and Billy are a little before his 64 or so cut off, but pro football like college is much older than 1964)

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

well before I read it, Im sure its USC, correct? it always has been referred to as running back U. they have a few heisman RBs outta there.

5. tirk

umm, after looking at this list, why isn't Georgia 2nd? makes no sense to me. they are by far a clear 2nd.

6. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

You are right, I would love to have the talent and FB program LSU has right now.I respect that but it dosen't make me any less an Auburn fan. Did I imply otherwise? I agree about the statistics bit. I only posted this as an interesting subject to discuss/debate not to brag about anyhting. At least posting someone's opinion to start with is better tha just asking the question
    "who do you think RB U is. Just a thought. If you or anyone is interested another link to a similar list but based on pro performance is at:

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2004/Columnists/HistoricalDebate_RBURC.htm

7. tirk

yeah i think thats the gist of it. it doesnt take into account great NFL careers after, otherwise UGA would be 2 with Terrell Davis, etc.

Simply based on college productivity.

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Billy Cannon WAS a running back w/ the Houston Oilers. He later was
    traded to the Oakland Raiders, where he finished out his career as a tight end.

You may be thinking of his LSU backfield mate, Johnny Robinson, who DID play DB in pro football.

9. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Top 5 is fine by me. We aren't near USC.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Yep, Cannon blew out his knee like in his second season and was moved to TE.