Who is the best choice?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Beaux-Bo, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

If WJBO is correct... who do you think is the best choice to replace Smoke? Do you go after Jim Wells / Mike Bianco? Or do you go after fresh blood?

2. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

1. Horton
    2. Bianco
    3. Jones
    4. Wells
    5. Corben(sp?)

3. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

I like Bianco and Jones personally....no preference on the order.

4. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

horton by far is the best choice. Its not even close but it will be hard to get him away from his alma mata. But he has been complaining lately about the facilities and his pay. we will see. either way its time to pony up the money.

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

6. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Bertman should have no problem getting coaches to take his call... Hopefully he finds someone close to his mold. Supportive administration, tradition and state of the art facilities coming. Should be the pick of the litter.

7. edyel

edyel edyel

I would be very suprised if Bianco considered a move if offered. From the article I read last week he and his wife are "very happy" in Oxford and have just built a house. I don't believe he will be the new coach but I am going to go out on a limb here and say there are several outstanding head baseball coaches in D-1 who are salavating at this breaking news. :tigbas:

8. GORILLA BALL

GORILLA BALL Founding Member

i think horton would be great choice, but is it possible that any of our choices are still in the playoffs and couldn't make that kind of decision until their season is over.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Skip is going to have to open the wallet even if he goes after a high quality up and coming young coach and houses were built to be sold so I don't think that makes much difference. Just how happy he is at Oxfart, how much he is still a Tiger at heart, how far he thinks he can go at ole myth and if he thinks he can take the pressure at LSU would be the biggest factors in whether or not he would consider the move IMO. The positives over the last hire are that the new coach will not be following a legend, the program although in decline is still one of the top coaching jobs in the nation and the new coach gets to fill out his own staff instead of taking over a staff already in place. I also think Smokes short comings will make Bertman do his homework a little better this time around.

10. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

I have a consultant that works for me that is a huge Ole Miss supported and ate breakfast with MB at the SEC tourney. He thinks Mike is happy at Ole Miss but acknowledges if LSU wants him Ole Miss can't match the Money, Facilities or Tradition that LSU would offer him. Two years ago I think Mike would have come but now he is pretty comfortable.