Who is the best choice?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Beaux-Bo, Jun 4, 2006.

1. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Fixt...

2. edyel

edyel edyel

I honestly do not think LSU will have the highest paid baseball coach in the SEC next season,and I think that is the only thing that would bring Bianco to coach next years LSU baseball team. I would like to see him here. I believe he has the ability to bring this baseball team back to national respectability. I am sure he would like to be the head coach at LSU but he is no slouch in Oxford. Right now he has it made as far as salary and what he has attained at that university is concerned. If he were to be offered the position by Skip he may be doing a lot of soul searching to decide whether or not it would be worth picking up the family and moving again just because he is an LSU alum. Ole miss may just pony up some cash to keep him there and yes "houses are built to be sold" but he is on a roll there and his priorities may keep him there. Just my opinion.:tigbas:

3. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I have no real idea how much money OM would actually put up. Right now, the facilities at OM are better than LSU. Your "tradition?" It just gets weaker and weaker the longer Smoke stays. Did you watch OM in their regional? MB was hidding in the corner of the dugout constantly flashing signals to the catcher. He came out of the dugout to "discuss" some calls with the ump. HE stayed in the game. He was as active as the players. Maybe Smoke needs a breathing machine to help him sleep at night. He looks like a perfect mold for sleep apneia. If he could sleep at night, maybe he could stay awake in the DUGOUT!!!!!!!! He might have played for LSU, but he came from out of state, didn't he? He may look at longevity. How long was Jake Gibbs at OM? Jake didn't match MB's success. Not everyone is as greedy as Saban. Baseball just doesn't match football salaries.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah. It's called winning 5 Nat'l Titles in one decade. I know that isn't much compared to OM's dominance, but I'd say it qualifies.
    Good thing he's gone, wouldn't you say??

5. col reb

col reb Founding Member

There is no denying the LSU dominance in one decade. What I was saying was that it was fading fast with Choke, excuse me, Smoke. Can you agree it was fading? Like Bama recalling the Bear. I posted this about 1:30 this pm. Was I early or late with the change? As I posted, MB coaches hidden as best as he can from the cameras but as hard as a player. Hope you guys don't get him. But, if you do, you got a good one.:geauxtige

6. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I have about 34 yrs with the postal service. IF the right job was offered, would I leave? Try me!!! Without a doubt, LSU will talk to him. Offer? Ask Skip. Sure, he would have to decide what is best for him and his family. Much smaller town. Much smaller crime rate. This vs that. If they win today, they probably host a super. If he take them to the CWS, who knows. Money? Archie was a super third baseman. Loved baseball. Eli ain't a poor man. Payton even loves OM. A "small" donation from them could make a world of difference when added to the OM fans who donate. Just food for thought. But I do think LSU should do a SUPER SEARCH without letting the media know who thinks about it and turns it down sort of stuff.:geauxtige LSU! :tigbas:

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Who said it wasn't fading? Don't you think that's why we wanted him gone in the first place? And 5 NC's=tradition no matter how long a period of time you spread it over.

8. LSU-4-EVER

LSU-4-EVER Freshman

Im thinking Skip might coach until the new stadium is built in 2008 and then use it to lure the coach he wants.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I heard those comments over and over again from an ex-LSU coach ... right before he bolted for another job.

Bianco may be very happy in Oxford, but I'd be surprised if he'd turn down LSU, if offered.

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

From the Advocate: