Who is the best choice?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Beaux-Bo, Jun 4, 2006.

1. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Bama recalling the Bear and us winning 5 national chamionships in 10 years ain't the same thing. If we want Bianco, we got him. Personally, I'd get Bianco or Wells. Either one is a legitimate, SEC baseball coach.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

NEWMAN: I'm a United States postal worker.
    GEORGE: Aren't those the guys that always go crazy and come back with a gun and shoot everybody?
    NEWMAN: Sometimes...

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think the fact his clause let's him out of his contract for LSU only speaks his true feelings. Not that he's the guy we're getting though....:wink:

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

man, even with archie and eli's money, Ole Miss is not as big a university as LSU. Money is a game of numbers not prima donnas. I wouldnt think LSU would definately get MB. They will interview as expected. Any coach would love to be at LSU. and maybe some don't want to be for whatever reason.....

but to think ONE season or two of doing well in the SEC can match a ( not that long ago ) ( you compared it to Bear Bryant ) Dynasty that STARTED SEC baseball. You've got to be kidding right? Whoever your coach is, he has a few more goals to reach before he is in LSU's league, regardless if we are having a down year. It is alot easier to hire a great coach from the get go when you have come from where LSu has been than where Ole Miss has been. In other words, you aint been to the dance yet so quit crowing.
    :dis:

JS... I love how Ole Miss fans latch on like a tick to half a win and claim it is the NC of something.

I wish Ole Miss well in it's post season, but lets keep things in persepctive. To say LSu is in decline is somewhat misleading. If LSu were falling fast, Ole Miss would have a helluva climb to get UP to where LSu has fallen to. there is NO DUST on our recent accomplishments in Baseball and if you compared the coach we just fired, record for record, Mike B. would respect it. LSu has had a bad year, and Skip recognized the need for a coaching change. If OLE MISS had done as well as LSU in the last 5 years, Oxford would be tickled and make the guy Mayor for ten years.

Ole Miss is a very fine ball team in it's own right, but as far as expectations go, national expectations, legacy recent and long, Ole Miss can't hold LSU's jock strap. And all it takes is one good year to keep it status quo. :shock:

5. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Awesome.:thumb:

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

8. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Yeah because he's about to be called up to the big league.:hihi: :hihi:

9. GORILLA BALL

GORILLA BALL Founding Member

my top choices in order:
    bianco my top choice
    horton you could flip these two choices
    wells wouldn't to long ago that fans were calling for his head.
    tanner
    skip - as a last resort

lopez
    mcmahon -florida h/c
    tanner - would he leave sc

young and maybe need more time
    gaspard
    vandy and kentucky coaches

10. ragincajun1987

ragincajun1987 Founding Member

I don't really think that Skip wants to come back. I'm guessing that he's just saying that so LSU can try to maintain it's recruiting class. He probably has a handful of coaches that he wants for the job, and he's just keeping his name out there in case none of these guys want the job.

There is one thing that I've found interesting in all of these various reporters. In addition to the usual suspects, i.e. Bianco, Wells, etc., I've also read that there is someone from Texas under consideration. Do any of you have any scoop on the possibility of this candidate? The only ones that I can identify as the quality of coach to assume the LSU reins are the guys at Texas and Rice??? Do any of you think that they may want to come to LSU?