Who is the better quarterback?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mrx, Apr 14, 2006.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Unfortunately, too true. :dis:

2. clair

clair Rockets

the guy is pathetic, but come on, you same guys post messages like this in EVERY thread he starts... it looks kind of lame...

And by the way, I go to J-Rock. I think they both are good, and are both similar, but I think J-Rock handles a rush better than Leak, and is a tad more consistent

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Especially an LSU rush! I just love watching those freakish blue eyes of Chris Leak pop out his head like a Looney Tunes character when Ali Highsmith or LaRon blow by the O-line! :hihi:

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We're trying to discourage him from trolling, Einstein. :dis:

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Leak was a true freshman though. That would mean JaMarcus had a full extra year to learn the system and several college games' experience under his belt by the time we are comparing their stats.

I'd have to say that information makes Leak's stats look more impressive.

Leak hasn't seemed to shown marked improvement from year to year to me though. His stats have stayed fairly stagnant the past 3 years and I haven't particularly noticed any improvements in decision making or other things that don't show up in stats. JaMarcus on the other hand, is a player that put up good number his freshman year basically on talent alone & continues to improve and impress me.

6. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

the stats arent comparable because leak played younger and is now in a completely different system which skewers all numbers(look at chad jacksons soph production to junior production 22ypc to 10ypc).you have to go on gut on this one, leak has proven he can be somewhat of a leader(iowa capital one bowl), but has also proven how inefficient and frustrated he can become(us). if one is to be a leader as a QB, one cannot show that much frustration, he also needed to produce a little more than 100 yards. JR has been a calm, cool, and efficient leaders in many comebacks/close games(ASU,alabama,florida,etc.) i think it is his performance in the alabama game and to an extent the ASU game that cement him as a starter in my book(on a short leash but a starter). flynn played a great game in the peach bowl(i was there and it was awesome) but miami was flat for w/e reason(there was a miami player in the airport after the game and he was prob just a sore loser but sed that the team didnt wanna be there for a second straight year, etc.). if flynn can prove himself as a leader(scrimmage, practice, etc.) while JR messes up in games, then i believe we have a QB controversy.Ideally, JR will play like a madman this year, leading him to go pro, and we can have perrilloux take the reins for two, maybe three years, with flynn as his backup the soph year.

7. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

How lame is it to call JaMarcus "J-Rock", Clairice?

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

When did that happen?:confused:

Guys - maybe mrx just wants to start a discussion and read the responses that people post. I can't possibly see how that's bad, or why that bothers people so much. At least he contributes (something I still couldn't care less about, but seems to bother others when they need a reason to get down on someone).

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

A true sign that summer will be coming shortly...that's when everyone's focus turns to bashing on one another for "stupid posts"...

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

JaMarcus is a very good QB. He isn't great yet, but he will be before leaving LSU.

Contained just has a crush on Flynn. :hihi: