Who is the Democrat version of Ann Coulter?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by JohnLSU, Apr 10, 2008.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Ann and Rosie should marry each other in San Francisco.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I've been a registered Independent since I turned 18 in 1973. SabanFan, on the other hand, is a flip-flopper. :grin:

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I made a nice Squash Casarole yesterday:wave:

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

You should read more.

She's an egomaniac with a sense for making money in the entertainment business.

Read some Sayyid Qutb.

Pretty sure he's available on wiki...:rolleye33:

5. kedo15

kedo15 Founding Member

Red ,i am going to try and guess who you voted for for president since 1976.I will probably get most wrong,but this ought to be fun.

76=Carter
    80 = Anderson
    84= Reagan
    88= Bush
    92=Perot
    96=Clinton
    00= Gore
    04 =Kerry

2 people like this.
  6. LSUMASTERMIND

lol, i think those are good guesses. I would have guessed those as well.

7. kedo15

kedo15 Founding Member

Lol,Mastermind...I could have put my reasons why i thought Red would pick each one,but lets see if i am even close first.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not too shabby.

FYI - Red's voting record:

1976 - Jimmy Carter (D) - I never forgave Gerald Ford for pardoning Nixon. Also Carter was a southerner, a naval academy graduate, an intellectual and a Washington outsider. I came to believe that he was too vacillating in foreign policy and he handled the Iran hostage situation badly.

1980 - John Anderson (I) - The only nationally viable, moderate third-party in a national race. I couldn't re-elect Carter and to me, Reagan was just a ultra-right, not too bright, actor from California. However the winner, Reagan, proved to be capable, presided as a moderate, and his handling of the Soviets was masterful.

1984 - Ronald Reagan (R) - Deserved re-election to win the Cold War. I remain critical of his trickle-down economy which never worked as advertised. I was critical of his Lebanon pullout after getting 250 marines killed, but in hindsight, getting out and not getting bogged down in a middle eastern guerilla war was the right move. I definitely did a 180 on Reagan.

1988 - George Bush I (R) - A moderate version of Reagan, I thought. The Dems surely didn't offer much of a candidate in Dukakis. Bush's handling of the Gulf War was excellent. However he neglected the economy sadly and coasted into 1992 on his war record only. I was critical at the time of his pullout of Iraq in 1991, leaving the job "half-finished". Again, in hindsight, he was prudent in not attempting to occupy a country where everybody hates us and is trying to kill us.

1992 - Bill Clinton (D) - After 12 years of Reaganomics, I thought we needed a change. Again a young southern governor seemed better suited to my interests. Dole was too old and too stodgy and had been in DC WAY too long. Perot was an independent, but not a moderate and stood to the right of the republicans. Not to mention he was a kook.

1996 - Bill Clinton (D) - We were in the midst of unprecedented economic growth. I got big raises. My investments did great. He reduced the federal work force, improved international trade, posted surpluses, paid down the debt. He won a war with Yugoslavia over Kosovo without a single US casualty. Deserved re-election and got it.

2000 - George Bush II (R) - Surprise! I was a McCain man but he stalled in the primaries. Neither Bush or Gore seemed made of presidential timber and I thought we needed a change after Clinton's scandal. I thought Al Gore was a pussy and I thought GWB would be more like his father, basically harmless. I was wrong. I'll never vote for the dumber of two candidates again.

2004 - John Kerry (D), because he was not George Bush. I'd been a General Wesley Clark supporter, but he never made it out of the primaries.

2008 - Still looking for a moderate, centrist ticket to support. I'm not holding my breath.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

I turned 18 in 1998, so I have only voted in 2 Elections.

2000-Gore-I thought he was a moderate democrat with experience.

2004-Kerry-Didnt like him, but it beats voting for an idiot and then having to explain why I voted for an idiot. I just missed 8 years of that conversation.

10. kedo15

kedo15 Founding Member

Red,i actually thoughtyou would go with Bush following Reagan and Gore following Clinton has continuations of pretty good economic presidencies.Perot was a pretty strong third party candidate,and Bush I was not reelectable,but i didn't know if you would give Clinton a shot yet