Who is the Democrat version of Ann Coulter?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by JohnLSU, Apr 10, 2008.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

2008 -- the Washington insider is McCain, followed by H. Clinton. Obama's the Washington outsider... and, to me, Obama is the intellectual compared to H. Clinton and McCain. McCain is the naval academy graduate.

I'm still not sure what any of that means to me. Things will become more clear to me once the Dems decide on their Presidential candidate and the Dem candidate and GOP candidate start going at it "mono e mono" (or "mono a mono" -- whatever the correct term is).

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

janeane garofalo is a more mirror image of coulter than odonnell is. odonnell knows nothing. at least garofalo is informed. there must be a better comparison out there besides two hollywooders

katrina vandenheuvel is one heckuva milf (if she has kids) and is as far to the left as coulter is to the right, but katrina isnt nearly as inflammatory.

and im with sabanfan, i find coulter very entertaining.

oh and a conservative version of SNL or stewart (this is too easy with the SNL connection) is dennis miller.

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

That was my take.

2000 - I wanted McCain in 2000, but I wasn't too disappointed when Republican America choose G.W. Bush, because I thought he'd be like his father, a guy I like, like you said, because he was "basically harmless" (I was an idiot at the time for not researching G.W. Bush's life and seeing that, in comparison to his father, he was a failure his whole life compared to his father, who lived a life that makes me proud to be an American) And yes, even though I voted for G.W. Bush in 2000, that experience has taught me that I'll never again vote for a person who is obviously dumb.

2004 - I, too, wanted Wesley Clark in 2004. I was disappointed that Democratic America didn't give him a chance. I was also disappointed that Republican America didn't put McCain up instead of the incumbent G.W. Bush. In the end, I voted for Kerry, who I hated, simply because he was not G.W. Bush. I was pretty angry that the Dems and the GOP gave us such weak candidates to choose from in 2004. However, G.W. Bush was a lot more cool during his second term, so I have no problem with him anymore. The guy is just dumb. During his first term, he didn't understand that. During his second term he did. By growing up like that, I have a hard time having ill will toward G.W. Bush.

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Good one! What ever happened to Dennis Miller?

5. kedo15

kedo15 Founding Member

he appears on the O'reilly factor in a segment called Miller time.He is pretty funny,no matter who he goes off on.

6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Never heard of the Qutb guy. I did google him and I found out that he is from one or two generations ago. I read some of the stuff on him. Nice to see you are open-minded enough to know and have read the writings of the guy whose ideas and writings many credit as being the intellectual foundation of the anti-American terrorist movement by Islamics.

Still, Ann Coulter to me is worse that this Qutb guy. The Qutb guy is sincerely representing his view on things, where, like you admitted and others here have admitted, Ann Coulter is an egomaniac spewing out garbage just because she thinks it is "entertainment" that makes her rich (whereas guys like Qutb and al-Qaeda are so sincere about their ideas that they will die for them).

Each and every one of Coulter's books have been a New York Times best-seller (a fact I just found out). My main problem with her is that, every blue moon, I got to yahoo news and read their "most popular" list of news articles. I've done so off-and-on for years, and one of Ann Coulter's articles was recently featured as the most popular. In my limited history of checking the yahoo news "most popular list" over the years, its the only other exposure I've had to Ann Coulter and her raving lunacy (on the liberal side, I've only seen Ted Rall's opinion pieces make "most popular" on yahoo news and he is more like Al Qaeda and Sayyid Qutb... more concerned about not coming across like a raving lunatic).

But yes, two people on here have said they find Ann Coulter to be "funny." I guess if you realize she is just some raving lunatic that everybody laughs at, she is funny. But there are actual Americans who believe in her as a sincere representative of intelligent human thought, and she knows that.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

hosts a game show called amnesia

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Janeane Garofalo is a stand-up comedian, just like Jon Stewart and his crew and SNL and their crew and Conan O'Brien and his crew. Ann Coulter represents herself as a sincere political author, novelist, commentator, columnist, writer -- and she knowingly caters to a bunch of weak-minded Republican Americans that she knows will "buy" the weak-minded garbage that she knows they want to hear. Is there a Democrat doing the same thing to Democrat America?

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Al Franken.

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Here's another guess at the Democrat version of Ann Coulter... Michael Moore.

But Moore doesn't try to present himself as some serious political intellectual. The guy is a filmmaker, and who cares what Hollywood thinks when it comes to politics?

I went and watched the anti-Bush Moore movie that was released at the end of Bush's first term. There was some 7 foot-tall big white guy sitting by me in the theater with his girlfriend, and he just came there to heckle the movie. Before the movie started, the guy just kept running his mouth about how he knows everything and that this movie we were about to watch was going to be garbage. Yet, when the movie started, this guy shut the hell up. And when the movie ended, the guy started clapping his hands in applause (loser).

Although I didn't think the Moore movie was anything to clap about, I personally thought the Moore movie was a pretty good job of persuasive filmmaking... sure, he only showed footage representing the liberal side, but he did a hell of a job of doing so. I'm pretty sure the Republicans have a filmmaker who could have done the same thing representing the conservative side of it all (I just haven't found that film yet).