Who is the Democrat version of Ann Coulter?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by JohnLSU, Apr 10, 2008.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Al Franken is also a stand-up comedian, just like SNL and their crew. Heck, Al Franken is an SNL alum, his "Stuart Smalley" loser role is famous.

I'm talking about a serious political commentator like Ann Coulter sincerely tries to represent herself as to Republican America. Do the Democrats have someone betraying their own followers in the same way?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I know who he is, damn it! He also writes liberal political books and had a liberal political radio show. Both of which were intended to compete with Coulter and Limbaugh. Didn't know that, eh?

Lies and The Lying Liars who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look the The Right

Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot

The Al Franken Radio Show Podcasts

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

:rofl::rofl:

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

My point is that nobody takes an ex-comedian seriously. If Ann Coulter was an ex-comedian, nobody would take her seriously. The problem with Ann Coulter is her whole career is based on catering to weak-minded people as a serious political commentator. I don't see any Democrat trying to dishonestly delude their fellow man like Ann Coulter does. It's similar to what the G.W. Bush Administration (with G.W. Bush as their knowing or unknowing spokesperson) did in many of their policies during his first term, most especially the Iraq War. I'm wondering why Republican America is so prone to being deluded vis-a-vis Democratic America.

Yet, at the same time, I wonder why Democratic America hasn't been able to find a descent leader since B. Clinton (who I hated during both times he ran for President, but I now admit was one of the greater presidents in recent U.S. history). But B. Clinton was a decade ago. I haven't seen a serious Democrat leader emerge since then (although I haven't been following politics very closely over the last few years). Obama is new to the Capitol Hill scene. Maybe he is real, maybe he isn't. But, to me, H. Clinton ain't no leader. On the Republican side, I believe McCain is a leader, and I believe the Republicans have had plenty of leaders over the last decade -- I just don't know if I can trust them or not -- although I do feel that I trust McCain more than any other current Republican leader that I know of.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

6. red55

Are you an ex-comedian? :hihi: Seriously, why in the world do you think that comedians are somehow exempt from making serious political commentary?

No one takes her seriously anyway. What was her former profession before she became a professional mudslinger?

7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

:lol:

1 person likes this.
  8. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

The reason so many Liberal voices are comedians - in my opinion - is that sarcasm and ridicule lends itself better to the Liberal/progressive audience. By and large, Conservatives and even Libertarians don't get much satisfaction out of making fun of Liberals. Liberals, on the other hand, seem to get off on satire directed at their poltical rivals. So there's more comedy in that direction. (Capitalism at work)

There really isn't any Conservative or Libertarian alternative to Bill Mahr or Jon Stewart (although Mahr seems to contend he's a Libertarian, largely because he wants to legalize drugs). Because, in general, Conservatives and Libertarians wouldn't care to tune in to hear BS. Liberals seem happy to hear half truths and outright BS as long as it's funny and against Conservatives.

Of course, this is my perspective. I don't listen to Rush and his ilk, or watch Fox's news shows, so perhaps there may be some parrallels. I doubt it, though.

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Trust me. Ann Coulter believes everything she says. Unless she admitted she does not or you can read her mind, your statement has no credibility.

10. red55

Limbaugh, Coulter, and O'Reilly make fun of liberals all of the time.