who remembers brother jeb and sister cindy.....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by snorton938, Mar 11, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

remember when sister cindy used to cry out "you fornicators" at free speach alley in front of the union? this is going back in time so maybe not.....what's going on there now? do they still have it? :grin:

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i spent so many hours between classes laughing at the ridiculous arguments that broke out over that. the zealots for calling us fornicators, as well as the normal people who wasted their time in screaming matches over it. they had that one guy who was on like a national college christian screaming tour, and he would really call us fornicators out. i always thought there was a 5% chance he was gonne get his ass kicked.

3. snorton938

'yo....i woudn't go there often (it got kinda boring).....but when i did it was hilarious....i mean these people made their living making fools of themselves and kept asking for more.....i haven't been back in 20 yrs has the campus changed that much (i.e., i lived in south stadium and now it's closed....the newest building was ceba)?

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

beats me. i havent even seen the campus since 2000. but i think that same brother jeb dude was still there yelling.

5. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Ya'll had the screamin' preachers 20 years ago? Man, those fellas at Consuming Fire Fellowship sure have been keepin' the faith for awhile.

I'm not much for the anti-fornication, hellfire and brimstone methods. I've kinda always thought that, when it comes to evangelizing, that you will catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Can't tell that to them though.

6. snorton938

no way....he must be 100 years old by now.....has the campus changed (i.e., you're saying vesus what)....i mean are they building alot....have they added more dorm's and buildings?

7. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

I remember them both. I thought they were HILARIOUS. She would call us all fornicators and he would call every sorority girl who passed by a "WHORE!". The looks on some of the sorority girl's faces was PRICELESS!!!

I used to go to Free Speech Alley on a weekly basis. The moderator was a guy named Jeff Duhe'. He's now on a Baton Rouge PBS station which does a lot of stories based upon the Legislature which are shown on the N.O. PBS station.

The ONLY reason I started going was due to my friend's next door neighbor being in charge of the Free Speech Alley "beat" for the Reveille. She was BEYOND HOT and my friend and I used to go out there just to sit and talk with her.

OH, the things we do for LUST!!!

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Isn't that a Beatles song?

9. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

Actually it was a group called 10cc. The same group that brought us "I'm Not In Love" (...so don't forget it...It's just a silly phase I'm going through...), and a few other less notable songs.

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

FORNICATOR!!! :grin: :wink: :grin: :wink: :grin: :wink: