who remembers brother jeb and sister cindy.....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by snorton938, Mar 11, 2004.

1. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

I remember them well. They named their daughter Evangeline, and my friend thought it was so funny when I said, "they named their daughter after a dorm?". I guess they got married after all that whore and fornication talk.

2. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

It's morons like that (not you LSUBud) that give true Christians a bad name. Those idiots have no more idea about witnessing for Christ than a man knows what it's like to be pregnant. Their behavior is the farthest thing from the way Christ wants us to reach out to others. True Christians lead by example, not words.

:helmet: :lsug: :geaux: :champs: :helmet: :lsug: :geaux: :champs:

3. Macphisto

Macphisto Founding Member

Actually, Jeb was here a few weeks ago. He had the banners like "GOD HATES SIN" and "READ THE BIBLE" all around, and he would get all worked up and did all the televangelist fist pumping and yelling. It was the ****ing funniest thing I'd ever seen.

At one point he said:

"All you college kids think: TGIF! Thank God its Friday! Now we can all go out and get laid!"

Naturally, all the bystanders whooped and cheered, so he snapped back:

"You don't get laid! All you do is masturbate!"

:grin:

I spent more time talking to a nice sensible Muslim man out there than Jeb. He said "I'm not here to convert you. I just want you to be the best Muslim or Christian you can be. Whether you are will be up to God, NOT to men like him" pointing to Jeb.

I really liked that. Even as an atheist, I felt that it made more sense. Too many Christians stress the "Jesus died for you! Accept him or burn!" method, over preaching the teachings of Jesus, i.e. compassion, loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, etc. That's the kind of preaching I'd like to hear. Because I'd hate to think that Gandhi is in hell right now just because he didn't accept Jesus Christ as his personal lord and savior.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I saw Brother Jeb get "perp-walked" out of the quadrangle by campus police in the late 70's. He had been shouting at the fornicators and was informed that it was a disturbance to classes. Such behavior is prohibited in the quad. They told him that he could preach on the Union steps, but he said that God told him to preach in the quad.