Who should LSU start a home/home series with?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by purpleloungefly, Aug 4, 2003.

1. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

1. Michigan
    2. Michigan
    3. Michigan

As an alum of both schools, I'd love to see LSU go up to Ann Arbor and kick the sh!t out of Michigan in the Big House.

I know A LOT of Michigan fans whose #1 hopeful away game for the Wolverines is a Saturday NIGHT game in Tiger Stadium.

Supposedly, the two teams tried to do something a few years back (the assistant A.D. in charge of scheduling is Ward Manuel - a Brother Martin/Michigan grad) to get something together, but Michigan don't want to play in Baton Rouge in September and LSU didn't want to play in November. And, it was just too hard to schedule anything as a result.

2. Geauxld Member

Geauxld Member Founding Member

??????? Rent a Wins for the opener

I personally like the rent a wins to start the season, it helps build momentum for the rest of the season.

To play on a regular basis: Notre Dame OU and Miami would be great

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I would love to see LSU do a home and home with Nicholls. Could you imagine the Tigers under the lights of John L. Guidry stadium. Awesome.

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Texas. Austin would be a reasonable drive and the games would be good.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Army and Navy would be rent - a - wins. Only Air Force might be a worthy opponent.

6. phatcat

phatcat Founding Member

UCLAUCLA UCLA
    I would love to see LSU play in the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. We need more exposure on the left coast for recruiting purposes. California student athletes get next to no experience watching SEC Football. SEC games are almost always preempted here in favor of inferior west coast games.

7. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Never happen, but cool to think about.

Those tickets would be very hard to come by. Of course, it still would not be a home game for Nicholls (or any other in-state school if we played in their stadium). LSU fans would WAY out number the other fans. If we did set up a game at an in-state school, I think that LSU should get a portion of profits from the season tickets for that school. You know that they would sell a lot more season tickets that year (translate that to LSU fans trying to get a ticket). :) How much are season tickets to Nicholls games?

8. max

max Founding Member

1. Miami
    2. Notre Dame
    3. Michigan
    4. Ohio State

9. TravisCoTiger

TravisCoTiger Founding Member

I'm glad I saw Colorado mentioned.We used to play them on a fairly regular basis.Other schools I'd like to see LSU play would be:Texas(I live in Austin),Washington,Oregon,Oregon State,Nebraska,Oklahoma,Wisconsin,NC State,Michigan,Penn State.But more than anyone,I'd go for a&m.

10. joetiger

joetiger Founding Member

Colorado would be a great game (obviously I, like RockyMtnTiger, am biased because I live in Denver.)

Colorado fans don't show up unless they're playing Nebraska. I've been to amazing Top Ten games in Boulder, Like #3 CU vs. #6 Texas in '97, where my tix were GIVEN to me outside the stadium.

If LSU played in Boulder, I think there could possibly be more LSU fans there than CU fans...I've seen it happen, when Texas A&M plays up here.