Who takes the reigns?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Sep 17, 2021.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

If I truly didn't have a soul I'd put $100 on CMU on the M/L but I can't root against the Tigers. I do however think CMU wins this game. They cover the 21 easily

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  2. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Man. I really hope we don't lose, but it wouldn't shock me at all. After last week I was fairly certain we'd lose, but I think we've got too many good players with pride. The offensive line has been in shambles and rarely played together. Getting Hines and Deculus back should make a huge difference. If it doesn't, yikes..

By the way, I've never seen so many injuries for an LSU team leading up to a season and then in the first couple of games. Massive questions for me about our training right now.

Bama got tired of Cochran and the injuries to their players that Saban got rid of him and stole the two wizards from Indiana that made that team over into a bunch of studs as we saw last year compared to your typical Indiana football team.

shane0911 and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Fair enough. Im watching, I see it.

4. LSU_4_LIFE

Bama has tackling issues.

Also, I wish Peetz and LSU would attack a blitzing defense the way Florida is in this game. RPO’s, quick slants, outside zones.

lsu-i-like and Brian like this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Florida coach is pretty dang good.

LSU_4_LIFE and Brian like this.
  6. Brian

Brian Founding Member

First half was great minus rye Burns blown coverage, but that was something that was every third play it seemed last season. Communication on the back end is clearly improved.

Love Deion Smith showing out why he was the top receiver in Mississippi. Jack Bech showing why he owns the state record here. What a one hand grab to honor Jarvis Landry in the end zone.

Max is being helped by the tempo and also just the calls being simplified. Think that's why he did so well last year, give him a couple options be it the RPO he's done effectively or a couple route combinations on the same side of the field he can read and react to how it's covered.

Really hoping Andre is okay, it looked pretty bad at first. We may get to see Nuss just because of the score which is great as we need him as game ready as ever with our thin depth.

Mississippi State lost a tough one to Memphis. Two weeks ago everyone on their board thought they'd trash us and most on the LSU boards agreed.

Different tones tonight.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

It doesn’t appear UCLA is a great team. They were beat by Fresno St and will lose at least 3 conference games.

LSU should have beat them. That’s a face palm game over and over.

Brian, TBTrumpet and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

We were ambushed. Every preseason goal is still achievable (except perfection).

TBTrumpet and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  9. LSU_4_LIFE

I just hope teams sleep on LSU.

TBTrumpet and northernvatiger like this.
  10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

can we win without a running game or has kiner just became the key to the season?

checking down in space is as good as 5 yd gain off tackle…

LSU_4_LIFE and Brian like this.