Who the Heck is DOUG GOTTLIEB?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Mar 19, 2006.

1. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

OK, FIRST OFF WAY TO GEAUX TIGERS!!!! As Saban/Brady would say, a win is win, but man, that was a nail biter. The Tigers (as well as many an advancing team in the tourneys before) needed a little luck with D.Mitch's fantastic shot, but nonetheless, they gutted out a win.:)

So, we're playing Duke, and hopefully for everyone out there in Tiger land (including Brady and the team), the pressure's off because we're a 4 seed, and we made the Sweet 16. So, we have met (and for some, exceeded) expectations. I hope the team will go out and play loose but with reckless abandon to take it to the Dookies.

So, the reason for my post, is to vent a little rage at Mr. Doug Gottlieb, the fast talking loudmouth talking head on ESPN College Gameday. This guy (a former Oklahoma St. point guard of little prominence) has night after night taken pot shots at LSU. With our win today, Digger stated that LSU was "lucky to avoid a loss" when they could have separated the score by going to G.Davis time after time in the paint. Lavin was gracious, however, to the Tigers stating that the frontline of LSU would give Duke fits.

Doug Gottlieb proceeds to say that Duke would beat LSU and "beat LSU like a drum." He went on to say that LSU had "no shot selection" and that shot selection was so critical in the Sweet 16. He poured it on further by saying that LSU had no on the court PG leadership, no point guard (implying that D.Mitch was no good) and that though talented, this team was one year removed from being good, and one "point guard" away from being good enough. :po:

So, while there may be some kernels of truth in what Gottlieb's saying, it's IMO harsh words from a guy who also last night bashed Gonzaga as soft and predicted an Indiana upset... guess who won tonight? I think also a Texas A&M which MANHANDLED the Big East Tournament Champions, needed more respect than they did by the ESPN folks.

Gottlieb is now sitting there giving love to Florida ... ugh... he's an annoying loudmouth on the program for shock value. I hope Brady posts stuff like this up there for motivation. I thought Jay Bilas was bad ... now enemy #1 is poser D. Gottlieb.

It's time to shock the world!!!

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. BEAT DUKE!

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Doug Gottlieb's $.02 isn't worth anything more than anyone else. Let him talk trash and then watch him eat crow. Gonzaga did. Change one letter in his name and its "Gottlied" !

NOTE: And he has big ears !

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Gottlieb played for Okie State. He is a big time Big 12 homer.

4. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

And Digger is absolutely correct. With Big Baby attempting 10 FTs in the first half, I thought LSU would run "Power", like, the first 10 posessions of the second to get (a) Glen going and (b) to get the starting frontcourt into deep foul trouble, if not out of the game with 5.

How does Davis go from 10 FTs in the first to only 1 in the second? Anyway, a win's a win...but every team--even the very best ones--have a "down" game at some point in the Tourney.

Let's hope LSU got theirs out w/ the A&M win.

5. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Look I never said that the talking heads didn't have a valid point. In fact, I thought Digger's comment was a good one. I'll note, however, that LSU did go to Davis during the second half, just not repeatedly like they did against Iona. Perhaps D.Mitch was trying to get untracked. D.Mitch's shots weren't bad ones, the Tigers just shot 35% for the game.I will say, I'm glad the Tigers got a scare. They could have been looking ahead, or they could have just been a little tight, in the tight game. But, I think that loss gets a lot of bad shots out of the Mitchells' systems. Note that Tas' also had an off night shooting the ball, and if he plays like he normally does, it's a bigger win. So, my main beef is D.Gottlieb's over the top statements. LSU has "no" shot selection? What about crediting a tough A&M defense? I don't think that LSU "forced" too many shots, if you go back and watch the tape. The shots just didn't fall. Moreover, to say LSU has no point guard is a pot shot at the Silent Assassin. The dude's only won like 8 games in his career with tough shots, at a speedy 5'11". And, I think that we had less turnovers than A&M has averaged getting during the season. I may have been overreacting, but I hope teams continue to prove poser D.Gottlied wrong. LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. BEAT DUKE!!!

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Top hell with it, in my book if you aren't a Tiger .. U R Tiger bait ! I could care less if all their points are valid. Most of the talking heads just rattle on BS comments as if they actually know what they are talking about and most times they don't. As for me and my house, we support L S U !

7. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

New Trev Alberts on ESPN.

College gameday on right now on ESPN. The guy all the way on the right is like the Trev of the basketball world.

Last night he said Duke will beat LSU like a drum. and Big baby is nothing for them to worry about.

If you like to get pissed off, watch this guy. I wish I knew his name. I forgot it.

8. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Re: New Trev Alberts on ESPN.

I know its not steve lavin.....he has lsu picked to go to the final four.

9. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

The guy all the way on the right.

He is not as obnoxious tonight because the other guys were ragging him about his picks that lost.

10. jjbodean1970

jjbodean1970 Founding Member

i think its doug gottlieb