Who thinks we got jobbed tonight?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by P&G_wheelz007, Nov 7, 2009.

?

Did we get jobbed today?

Poll closed Nov 10, 2009.
  1. Yes

64 vote(s)
    81.0%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    16.5%
  3. Not sure?

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

That wording DOES make a difference...chance to win the game. But honestly, with the situation that would've been...I still think the game was already over. PP being out on the play Julio scored, that is the difference in the game. There were a couple of questionable calls that went our way, too.

My thing is that I find it hard to believe it's a conspiracy. That's how I took the poll with the "jobbed" wording. Honestly, didn't read the threadstarter's first post...just the thread title.

2. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

bama posters on Tidefans are saying that Patrick Peterson pass interferes on just about every play, and that they got jobbed most of the game.

3. *LSUTiger*

*LSUTiger* LSU/CLEMSON

YES! with out a doubt, just like they screwed us against florida too.

4. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

I did notice in the second half Toliver made a catch and was tackled a couple of yards past the marker. The official threw the ball to another official who spotted about a yard short of the first official's spot. No excuse for video replay to not rule PP interception. This play changes momentum and prevents Bama from scoring FG. Lead is still only six points and with about 4 minutes or so left in the game LSU would have been able to use both the run and pass to move the ball. After Bama goes up by nine points with about 3 minutes left in the game LSU is reduced to passing only and allows Bama to ignore the run. Thus blitz Lee leading to incompletions. I believe most of us here wouldn't mind the penalties if they were being called evenly. That missed roughing the passer penalty and hands to Hitt's face happened in front of officials. How many people believe the refs would have called that false start penalty against Barksdale if the 4th and 5 play wouldn't have been successful?

5. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I watched Iowa's game last week against Indiana. After seeing the 2 touchdown's on replay over and over I was convinced BOTH were touchdowns. The replay officials didn't see either as a TD and Iowa came back to win.

After seeing those 2 plays last week, I wasn't surprised by what I saw tonight. I was sure we weren't getting the call.

It looked like an interception to me.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

6. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

With Lee at QB, I doubt we would have scored with Peterson's int.

However, when there are tough calls all night, the refs have got to be told:

On our first possesion, JJ's forward progress crosses the first down line

Where was the spearing call when JJ got nailed in the chest and couldn't get up. We used a time out so he could stay in.

Hands to the face or facemask on a sack.

Pass int. call on us for a ball thrown out of bounds but ruled uncatchable when the same thing happened to us.

Blatant holding call not made.

And the infamous int.

Many of those calls and non calls show a ref looking directly at the incident. I don't think it's a conspiracy but they do know where they were officiating and let that determine whether they were going to make a lot of calls against the gumps.

7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I do not think it was intentional. But that doesn't mean at least one zebra nugget shouldn't roll into a basket.

This one is gonna hurt for awhile.

8. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

The refs were letting the lines hold and they were generally letting the receivers and DBs tussle. Which makes the interference call against Peterson later in the game all the more ridiculous. And the non call on defensive holding in the 4th quarter ridiculous as well. If it's defensive holding, the catchability of the ball doesn't matter.

9. skriblz7

skriblz7 Freshman

aww boo hoo, "the refs werent being fare, we should have beaten alabama"
    Yeh the refs gave bama the game i will admit cause it sure as hell couldnt be the fact that the bama D took out almost everyone but the wide recievers with there physical play, it couldnt have been the fact that bama offense finally clicked and ran all over yall in the second half, it couldnt have been the fact that your offense had a TOTAL of 9 yards the entire fourth quarter, it couldnt be the fact that your Lsu just was not ready for the toughness that bama put on the table tonight. I guess none of that matter because yall had a "divot" on the field that proves yall had an interception. oh crap but lets not forget the fact that when we had a long pass called incomplete earlier in the game, they didnt even review it because the review booth was down.

10. RollBamaRoll

RollBamaRoll Freshman

I didn't see any pass interfernce but I believe it was a INT. LSU got screwed on that one. I don't see all the holding calls most fans on here are talking about or the push in the back that broke the long TD by Julio Jones. Brandon Taylor didn't seem like he wanted to even attempt the tackle.