Who thinks we got jobbed tonight?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by P&G_wheelz007, Nov 7, 2009.

?

Did we get jobbed today?

Poll closed Nov 10, 2009.
  1. Yes

64 vote(s)
    81.0%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    16.5%
  3. Not sure?

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

i don't believe it was totally the refs fault we lost. sure the interception should have been called and toward the end of the game Hitt got a facemask that wasn't called right and helped kill a drive that we absolutely had to have. Those were the two calls i remember that absolutely should have gone our way. But we had stupid mistakes at important times of the game that cost us dearly (ie the running into the kicker penalty). it seems that with as few penalties as was called on alabama and with them playing more disciplined football than us that when there are calls that should have been caught but missed that it hurts so much more. overall, we matched up well with alabama on their home turf however they were more disciplined. and that goes with a saban coached football team. it still kills me to think that we very well should have won and still have a chance for the NC game. I feel good about our team overall, but we sure could use one or two highly regarded linemen on both sides of the ball.

2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Can't argew with that logick. Seriously Brett, can we get some kind of IQ entrance exam for dbag posters?

Take note scrub, this is how you debate a topic:

It was as minor as the false start. I don't think its a mass conspiracy. Maybe just told they can call it loose depending on how it rolls. I know that may sound contradictory, but it isn't meant that way.

But all in all, I think Taylor took a bad angle and wasn't ready. Blown coverage, that shyt happens.

And to say LSU doesn't score any points down by 6 and not 9... Well, that's just not true. But, I guess I'd tell myself that, too.

I'm past all the drama and bs from the game, but I think Slive needs to address his officials - in public or private. This is getting out of hand now.

3. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

It human to make mistakes, that is the reason for the replay booth. But when the operator of the replay booth makes as bad a call as this one...then your left with one conclusion:

I believe that there is a conspiracy to get an undefeated SEC team in the championship game. Look for that to be Florida, again with help from the refs; too bad gumps enjoy your loss in the Sugar:tigereye:.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

He didn't even need the 2nd foot inbounds IMO. He had possession and 1 foot down.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Exactly, the hell with 2 feet, even though it shows he had 2 feet down. This is college ball and just 1 foot does it.
    This one is going to hurt for a while.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Bad call by the refs, it was definitely an int and the replay official should never officiate another game, it was that bad. However it wasn't the difference in the game. Bama was the better team. We still can't get consistent QB play even with JJ and we can't pressure the QB if we rush 15. Rahim Alem should only play on 3rd or 4th and long. Teams figured out that he takes an outside rush to the QB on every play long ago. Are we still trying to run the damn option to the short side of the field? Did I really see that twice yesterday? The stupid penalties not being able to line up and snap the ball without a penalty or using all of your time outs with 12 minutes in the game in the ninth game of the season also hurt. The chart on whether to go for two or kick the extra point shouldn't come out of your pocket until the 4th quarter and shouldn't be used until you get under 10 to play. That didn't cost us but was really a stupid call.

Overall a very hard fought game by the Tigers, the effort was really there. Give Chavis time to build a legitimate DL and the D will be even better. The OL played better than you would expect against the Bama D but there is still room for improvement. As much as I like JJ he still has a ton to learn, let's hope he learns quick.

With an entire new D, a young inexperienced QB and coming off an 8-5 season, with Bama, Florida and Georgia on the schedule 10-2 looked like a good season. Anything more than that may have been too much to ask for. However Both Florida and Bama were winnable games had the team played better in certain areas. The team needs to refocus, take it one game at a time and finish strong. The team has nothing to hang their heads about. They just need to continue to improve. Man I hate to see Florida playing for another national championship, but they are better than Bama so here it goes.....Geaux Gayterds!!!!!!!

7. Eq4bits

Eq4bits (Deep East) Texas Tiger

That would have resulted in an indecent exposure call

8. dudley

dudley oops!

If I were an official, I don't think I'd want to look incompetent on national television, marketing or not. Speaking of marketing, that's Slive's focus and he's very good at it. Right now he's marketing 2 undefeated teams in the SECCG and the winner in the BCSNCG. What he doesn't realize is incompetent and/or biased officiating is pulling the SEC down to the level of Major League baseball or the WWF.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Three bad calls didn't cost LSU the game. But there is a lot of talk about the SEC officials protecting their championship candidates and it surely didn't start in this game. Florida and Bama get the calls this year. Let's see who they favor in the SECCG. My guess is Florida.

Mike Slive has got to go. There is something awfully foul in SEC officiating and there has been for several years now.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

well said. one thing i would add is we did get controlled at the line of scrimmage late on both sides of the ball. and as you mentioned zero pass rush once again.

you cant be a top 5 team with two obvious weaknesses in the lines.

but i will also add florida is stagnant on offense in comparison to having percy harvin the last couple of years and bama is struggling at the qb position. i dont either get fixed this year.

both teams can be outscored by a strong team that can compete upfront in the NC game.

neither are a sure bet to win it all an in fact id likely bet against them. i just dont know who yet.