Who was shafted.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tygertail, Mar 15, 2004.

1. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Yeah, but figure the RPI with Jaime Lloreda vs. the RPI without him. I'm sure that this team's poor play without Jaime was the key factor in the NCAA bumping them.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

of course, I meant tough luck for the remaining team. suck when you see how high they are in black and white after the dust settles. Just think, all we had to do was probably be competitive with SC for an entire game.... nice 36 point swing.

3. friday

friday Founding Member

But remember...

RPI is only one component of the commitee's decision making progress. this isn't the BCS where the computer spits out the numbers and volia, there are your teams. unfortunately, this time LSU gets shafted because of its lack of competitiveness down the stretch. the fact that SC got in, tells me that if LSU would have beaten them, we wouldn't be talking about the NIT.

4. rookie

rookie Founding Member

No question LSU gets in with a win but the 20 point blowouts to studs like Auburn and a marginal SC team killed. I think Tirk is correct. Just a competitive game vs. SC, Vandy and Auburn would have gotten LSU in. No excuse for the poor defense in those games. I can understand having a little trouble scoring but when a coach that prides himself on defense gives up a 28-2 run in 5 minutes vs Auburn(very bad team) and gets **** on by Vandy and SC in the second half, that tells me this coach has trouble with x's and o's. He is very competitive for a while, then the other coach make adjustments and Brady has no answer.

5. JasonBohn

JasonBohn Founding Member

alot of people are saying that pitt got shafted...being bumped down to a 3 seed, and if they win, they have to play wisconsin...in milwaukee wisconsin....which is going to be VERY tough cuz wisconsin fans are much more cruel then lsu fans...

but wisconsin kind of got shafted too, since the big ten championship was played late in the afternoon...wisconsin beat illinois, and illinois got a 5 seed, and wisconsin got a 6....

6. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

But the Big 11 wasn't that tough a conference this year. If you look at how the 5's and 6's were laid out, it works out as far as regional games go. Keeps higher seeded teams closer to home.

For Pitt, Wis in Milwaukee is a tougher game for a 3 seed, than say Vandy in Orlando, NC in Denver, or BC in Milwaukee.