who will be chad lavalais' replacement?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Mar 10, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

who do you think will be chad lavalais' replacement? his back-up....on my last depth chart was a senior......

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Claude Wroten is supposed to be a monstah!!! Of course we will find out much more in a few days.

3. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

what's your opinioin about bugger mcfarland with the bucs and will he have a better season this year and is the fact that he was so so the reason sapp will re-sign with the bucs or is it just sap's big mouth?

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I konw the BUCS love him and he did play hurt a lot. Seems as though everyone in the NFL likes Booger but then again they all jump on bandwagons too. Just like Willie Roaf going to all those pro-bowls, the only ones he really deserved were the first few. The rest was just rep.

5. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Kyle Williams will definitely be a first team DT.

What about Bryce Wyatt? Did he graduate or is he still with us? If he is, I would imagine HE would get the start at the other DT.

6. Laminator

Laminator Founding Member

Wyatt is a senior this year.

7. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Wroten
    Stewart
    Dorsey
    Favorite

I am forgeting some. There will be a number of guys competing for that spot, but I think we will see DL by committee, much like Miami had a couple years back. Keep 'em fresh, keep 'em fast, keep 'em on the QB.

8. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

The young guns will not have positions handed to them. These boys are gonna have to beat out Wyatt and Williams for the starting job. And I'll tell you something, if one of these four wants Kyle Williams job, they are gonna have to pry it from his cold, dead hands. If they can do that, then maybe they are man enough to play DT for the #1 defense in the country.

What is it with you guys wanting to push the freshmen/sophomores to the head of the line, not just with quarterback, but with other positions now too? How about they pay their dues and take the time to build their bodies up? I know we had an awesome recruiting class last year but geez!

9. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Whats with pushing a guy who's finished his career (Wyatt)? Get your stuff straight please, before you critic someones opinion. Dorsey and Favorite will have every opportunity to win that job. Where did anyone say Williams would lose his job. We are talking about who takes over for Lav, not Williams. Like I said I think there will be a committee of guys in there. Add Brandon Washington and Jarrod Carter to that list. The best players will play regardless of af age (Landry).

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Wroten at DT
    Pittman at DE

The D-Line keeps rolling along. Pittman will ultimately be even better than Hill. Wroten will hold his own (a huge body that will stuff the inside). Plenty of depth with guys like Dorsey, Favorite and Stewart at DT, and West, Merrill, an Oliver at DE.