who will be chad lavalais' replacement?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

Hill would be hard to be replace. Someone who steps up to Hill level would be a blessing.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

dont think

Do not think the bucs are re-signing Sapp ...Booger had a good year while most of their D struggled greatly. Booger was re-signed with that fat contract because he is their future and he is the one now double teamed. Sapp wont be resigned cuz his contract is too much and he hasnt been near the player he had been.

Bad news for my bucs today....they are not going to work with Lynch and told him he is gone. I think that is a mistake. He is there Jack Hunt so to speak but an All Pro quite a few times. Saints? Are you listening? Nah i like Lynch too much i guess.

speaking of LSU, the film on Dorsey was sick. He has great great potential with that size and strength. Played against 5-A at that not 1A. Nice depth we have. Can't imagine he and Wroten in 3 years side by side. Sick.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Wroten only has 2 as he is a juco, so you have to hope it happens in 2004 or 2005.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Also, haven't been following the NFL too much for the past year as I was totally focused on the tigahs and now I can't make myself get interested hardly. So I don't know much about Sapp's situation but I can tell you that if I had the choice between the 2 I would take Booger just because he is close to the same level and twice the team player, Sapp is way to disruptive to have on a team, IMO. Just like MeShawn.

5. tirk

so

you think he definitely plays this year?

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

My apologies, conradj. I wasn't really attacking anybody, Laminator said Wyatt was a senior, which I took to mean as a senior this year, but I just checked the spring roster and he's not on it, so obviously he meant Wyatt was a senior in 2003. So I misunderstood. I figured if he did have eligibility, since he started at defensive tackle early last season, he would have been the prohibitive favorite to start to fill Lavalais' old spot this season, but since he's gone, the point is moot.

But my original point stands though; at defensive tackle, just like at every other position, if the younger guys want to play, they will have to prove themselves as the best guy. There are so many guys at DT that all we know for sure is that there will be a heated competition for it.

One guy some people seem to be forgetting about; Melvin Oliver. He can play either tackle or end. He's played a lot in the past, although he hasn't started much. But with two DL positions vacant, he'll be playing somewhere, I can promise you that.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

So what is the deal with JUCOs....i have heard at times that some have 3 years to play....does that mean they have 3 years total time to play their 2 years of eligibility?

Someone who knows how this work, please advise.

8. tirk

i

i always thought they had 3 years outta juco.

9. conradj

conradj Founding Member

3 years to play 2.

Your right about Oliver, he will play. IMO he and pittman will rotate at M Hills old spot. But regardless of who wins the DT spot, they will be young and inexperienced.

Carter RSFR
    Stewart RSFR
    Washington Jr. (I cant remember him having any serious PT)
    Oliver Jr. (Only one with experience, better suited at DE, IMO)
    Wroten JUCO (No D1 experience, see Torran Williams. I hope he is as good as advertised though)
    Dorsey True FR
    Favorite True FR

Besides Washington and Oliver, everyone is young and inexperienced. I would assume the job will be Washingtons to start Spring, lets see if someone can take it

10. max

max Founding Member

I think that Saban implied that the DE spot is Oliver's to lose. The other DT spot will certainly be fine with Wroten, Dorsey, Favorite, Watson, Washington, Carter, etc. Someone will be the real deal.