Who will be the breakout players in 2014?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Aug 17, 2014.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Agreed regarding the TE's -- would like to see them more involved in the offense. WR's will most definitely have to step up as well.

2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Yes!

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Can the whole O Line be considered a "breakout"? New O Line coach Jeff Grimes is teaching them to look at the whole field when they come up to the line of scrimmage. Not just look at the D Linemen and linebackers but to see the corners and safeties and know whether they are in a cover 2 or 3or whatever. They say this will help them to be better at picking up blitzes and really knowing what to do beyond their assignments on each play

4. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I'm going to go with K. Beckwith on D, he has too much athletic ability, he's had a year to learn the system.........expect him to be our breakout player on defense.

On offense I'll go with T. Quinn. He seems to be the most college ready of the receivers and will fit in nicely as a possession type receiver....seems he did well in the scrimmage yesterday, 4-5 catches. Of course any breakout player on offense will hinge on if we get a QB to emerge. Hoping for freshman All-America honors for Quinn

Pintoracer, cajdav1 and shane0911 like this.
  5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Les has been saying good things about Hilliard. And from the limited video I've seen, he looks like he's in the best shape of his LSU career.

6. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

On defense I believe the breakout story might by Frank Herron at DT. Miles has repeatedly had great things to say about him. On Offense I'll go with DeSean Smith. Big, pro style receiving TE with good speed and an OC who knows how to use him to relieve pressure from a young QB.

tigerchick46, shane0911 and Winston1 like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Jamal Adams

Cajun Sensation and cajdav1 like this.
  8. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Terrence McGee is gonna tear some ass up. One of our quarterbacks, and Travin Dural.

Danielle Hunter, Frank Herron, and Dwayne Thomas.

Some may remember Thomas from last year's piggy game.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I think this is the guy and i'll stick this post. he has all american written all over him. He is the best corner we have imo, best player in the secondary.

titoabad1 likes this.
  10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I disagree. All of the reports as of late have spoken very highly of his ability as well as his progress. He is apparently 1 of the 3 fastest guys on the roster. With such a big void at WR, all of the guys should have ample opportunities to make an impact.

I'm liking DJ Chark on offense/special teams. He seems to fit the mold as one of the lesser-heralded recruits who's working his ass off to make a name for himself.

Defensively, I think Beckwith has the best shot to turn heads, but that will depend largely on the play of Welter. I think Rickey Jefferson is going to draw a lot of praise by season's end.

TigerTap, Bengal B and cajdav1 like this.