Who will be the breakout players in 2014?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Aug 17, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

But they are not stars, yet. Players like Glen Dorsey and Tyrann Mathiu went from players that their opponents remembered to players that are known to all sports fans in America in a single year.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

With Diarse, Dural, Dupre, and Quinn, I think the wide receiver position is a little crowded. I had read that he needs to work on his hands. But yes, he's a blazer apparently.

3. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I mentioned to him that he looked a lot slimmer and he said he had to. I am assuming he meant if he wanted to keep up the other backs he had to work hard. I hope that slimmed down body translates to more elusiveness and speed. Dude really looks good when he runs, just always had that girth on him. Looking at him, Magee, & LF sitting together they are impressive looking.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well it won't be Braxton Miller apparently. Never wish or rejoice in injury but I also won't look a gift horse in the mouth either. Big empty spot in the final 4 now.

Oh and we have to put up with the "yeah buts" from luckeye fans for...well forever.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Their last title was in 2002, they're getting good at making excuses.

6. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

And they needed the zebras to rob Miami for that one...

Bengal B and didit like this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I always thought that Hillard was feature back material. I don't know why his last couple of season were disappointing, but I hope his new weight and conditioning will let him get back into freshman form.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Stole my thunder. I am picking Hilliard as well. Time for beast mode.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Didn't they talk about him like that last year? He was supposed to have lost weight and gotten stronger and we were all looking for him to show us his regained talent.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I think I might add Adams to my list of break out players:

Quote"
    There’s been plenty of talk about LSU’s highly touted freshman class. It’s centered on running back Leonard Fournette, who Tigers coach Les Miles mentioned in the same breath as Michael Jordan, but wide receiver Malachi Dupre and quarterback Brandon Harris have also drawn rave reviews. Watch out for another freshman: ever-confident and outspoken strong safety Jamal Adams. He’s already drawing NFL All-Pro comparisons from Tigers running back coach Frank Wilson.

“He’s every bit of what Eric Berry, Tyrann Mathieu, Patrick Peterson and Eric Reid were,” Wilson said. “He’s a freaking animal. He’s in the league with those guys at this time of his career. He may be the steal of the class.”

Wilson would know. He recruited Mathieu to LSU and also watched Peterson and Reid in recent years. “This kid’s got first round all over him,” Wilson said of Adams. “He’s that legit.”

A heralded recruit from the Dallas area, the 6-0, 206-pound Adams has an NFL pedigree. His father, George, had a six-year career in the league and was a first-round pick in 1985. His godfather is former Kentucky coach Joker Phillips.

“He’s just a freakish athlete,” Wilson said of Adams. “He just oozes with confidence. He’s very vocal on the field in a positive manner. The leadership skills, the toughness. When you bark that stuff out, you better be a real dude and make a play and he can.”

If Adams doesn’t start at strong safety, he’s sure to be part of their nickel and dime packages. He’ll also be a kick returner, just like Mathieu. Wilson keeps seeing identical characteristics in the two.

“The same mannerisms, the same leadership, the same playmaking abilities,” Wilson said. “It’s the same kid all over again.” Quote

That is some pretty high praise, especially coming from the RB coach!

TigerTap, plotalot and Bengal B like this.