Who will be the next DC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 26, 2008.

?

Who will be the next DC at LSU?

Poll closed Dec 31, 2008.
  1. Chavis

22 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. Walker

11 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. Someone else

12 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Nice list.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I always try to backup my statements.

Just call me John-lite.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

John would've had pics of all of them...from Pop Warner thru the NFL...including the towns they are from...and their high school stadiums. :lol:

If you're gonna come at all, come correct!

4. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

These are really the only three you needed to mention. The rest are all crap.

Little is a murderer, so maybe only two to mention.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

6. TigerBait45

TigerBait45 Founding Member

I kind of have a feeling it'll be Edwards myself, if the word about Chavis wanting to keep his DL coach is correct.

He coached a decent enough defense with the Redskins in the 1 year he was DC..I think they finished like 14th

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Nonsense. Anyone that makes it to the NFL and carves out a career is worthy of mention. So few even get the opportunity to try out, much less actually draw checks for thousands of dollars to actually play. Just because you don't make Pro Bowls or become a decade-long starter doesn't mean you're crap.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

With the NFL regular season having ended and our Bowl game on Wed, the chatter on who will be our new DC and his asst's might pick up starting today.

9. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I concur. To get drafted at all means you did notable things in college. We've all seen GREAT college players bomb in the NFL. Hell, even Highsmith was a solid college LB - better than anything we have today - and I doubt he ever starts in the NFL.

Personally, I think LB may be the overall most important position in college ball. They help the line on the run, drop into coverage with the secondary, spy on those pesky mobile QB's, and add the all-important blitz on every play.

Give me the LB coach with SEC experience. I don't care what philosophy he uses as long as it keeps the other team out of the endzone.

10. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

I just voted for Chavis, but I cheated. BP on the other site just posted that the deal is done, and he's always on the money. Says that O is still undecided...actually, that he is still 'playing games'...we'll see what happens.

Edited to add: BP says that O and his agent are playing with the final numbers. So either he's negotiating the best package he can get, or he wants a raise from the Saints...duh, lol.