Who will be the next DC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 26, 2008.

?

Who will be the next DC at LSU?

Poll closed Dec 31, 2008.
  1. Chavis

22 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. Walker

11 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. Someone else

12 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

So, you are saying that the deal is done - meaning with Chavis? That would be outstanding. I personally wanted Walker, but obviously if he is tapped to be NM HC, then he is out. I would be extremely happy with Chavis. Someone mentioned a LB coach from Miami Dolphins as a candidate. Perhaps, this person would be LB or DL coach?

2. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

I think either Chavis or Edwards is a step up.

The talent is here, we just need a qualified, proven DC to mold the defense.

A competent DC will be able to mold whatever his preferences are to fit the talent on hand.

3. Apextiger

Apextiger Founding Member

Per Tigerdroppings most trusted poster (Belowpar) just announced that "it's Chavis!"
    Signed up and done!

Coach O he said is playing games (Agent and money matters)..

Back up plan is a coach name Chuck Haley

have a great day!

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Chuck Haley?

You mean former 49er and Cowboy Charles Haley? I don't know how good of a DC he is, but I would love to have his intensity on the sidelines. I would think that he would make a better D-Line coach than DC. He doesn't have the credentials to be a DC yet. he was a D-Line coach for the Lions last I heard and if that's current, he'll probably be looking for a job soon.

5. Apextiger

LSU is still negotiating with Ed Orgeron to be Defensive Line Coach, with Brick Haley being a potential replacement if LSU and Coach O fail to come to terms. It is also believed that Vance Joseph is one of the leading candidates to coach the Defensive Backs. Per Chicken the TD administrator

he knows Belowpar BTW...He posted the news well before ESPN made the Chavis news official

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

The ESPN article states that "either Dan Brooks or Steve Caldwell" will follow Chavis to LSU. One was the DT coach and the other was the DE coach. I assume that whoever comes will be the D-Line coach.

7. Apextiger

The ESPN article states that "either Dan Brooks or Steve Caldwell" will follow Chavis to LSU. One was the DT coach and the other was the DE coach. I assume that whoever comes will be the D-Line coach.

How many times has ESPN been wrong lately?

Belowpar became a TD Legend last year when he came out said that Miles is staying, despite all the ESPN reports and Herbstreit etc..No one wanted to believe him, but he was money...so he is trusted... Today, he said ESPN got this one right..

If I didn't know any better, I tend to think he has seen Chavis' contract LOL!

I trust Belowpar..who ever he is, he is close close to the situation.

these coaches could follow Chavis, but right now, Coach O is at the top for DL coach, plus RC and Asst HC, which he said, his contract may be more than Chavis contract?

The back up options are probably more correct than what ESPN is reporting..That guy from ESPN is an SEC Blogger, Belowpar is inside LSU somewhere!

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

It says "There is a chance Chavis will bring either Dan Brooks or Steve Caldwell with him to LSU".
    Doesn't say either are definitely coming just that there is a chance.

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Sounds to me like his contract will be at least the same as Chavis if he comes. Tenn offered him 400K and the Saints countered higher. How much I dont know. Kiffin is seeking an increase in his staff budget right now to sweeten the offer to Orgeron. His agent is telling Tenn it will take a min of 600K for him just to consider.

IMHO...I dont think the Saints offered Orgeron 600K. Maybe 450-500K. If he wants LSU I would think he would go for similar money the Saints are offering which would make him about the same pay scale as Chavis. BTW...anyone know what Crowton makes?

10. TigerBait45

TigerBait45 Founding Member

That ESPN article is Chris Low trying to stay consistent with his (apparently premature) reports of O to UT from a few weeks ago, I think.