Who will guard JJ?? Better yet...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by RedElephants, Mar 18, 2006.

1. SEChoops.com

SEChoops.com Founding Member

I dont think Tasmin is the on ball defender for the job on JJ. My take is that Garret Temple should guard JJ with his length and better footspeed. Temple is the best man defender on the team. If Temple gets in foul trouble then Tasmin could do the job at times to help. Other than Temple and T Mitchell, LSU doesn't have ANYONE to guard JJ.

The concern with the refs should be a factor for LSU fans. LSU is a team that relies heavily on the inside presence of Glen Davis and his foul drawing capability. Glen Davis plays well below the rim and if the refs dont call the fouls and get Davis to the line it could be a long night for the Tigers. LSU's guards have been a bit off in this tournament and the refs will defenitly play a big part if they aren't blowing the whistle down low for the Tigers.

The Josh McRoberts-Tyrus Thomas matchup is one that will be key.

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

McRoberts hasnt guarded anyone like Tyrus Thomas this year though....but I do look forward to the battle in the paint.... it will be epic.

3. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Reddick has averaged 27.2 ppg for the year, Williams 18.7 ppg. The team averaged 81.9 ppg. That's 36 ppg for the rest of the bunch. So far in the tourney, Reddick has averaged 24.5, Williams 23. The team has averaged 72 ppg. That's 24.5 ppg for the remainder of the team.

Don't know what kind of fuzzy math they're teaching at Duke. I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.:hihi:

4. clair

clair Rockets

How are you going to be arrogant like that when your team will be just watching from here on out?

5. BballIsLife

BballIsLife Freshman

You said let reddick have 35. I did the math letting Reddick have 35points plus the others average. I only did what you said. We do not want to get into an education debate over LSU and Duke.

6. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

Right, because LSU would definitely win that one... :thumb:

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Duke is gonna be a tough match. Against Iona and A&M, we benefited from rebounding missed threes and long jumpers. Dukie isn't going to be missing nearly as many shots as our first two opponents.

I like our team, but we haven't really looked crisp during the tourney thus far. Maybe our opponents' defenses have been top notch, but I doubt Dookie's defense is going to be a breath of fresh air. Still, I think we stand a nice shot of pulling the upset; I've got LSU inked in as NC's.

Voogd's nerves have been getting the better of him. I guess he isn't used to the spotlight; in that regard you have to give Temple and the rest of the bunch credit. We have our hand's full this weekend; our reward for beating Duke will be a bad-ass Texas team, or West Virginia looking for revenge. My bracket has been gored by upsets.

8. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I was exaggerating for emphasis. I'm sorry you missed it. I didn't intend to spark a math debate. The point I was trying to make is that I believe the way to beat Duke is to keep Williams in check. I also complimented Reddick in my post. Nothing inflammatory. Just an opinion. Now, take your Duke education and your condescending attitude and go play in the traffic.

9. lsuk

lsuk Founding Member

anyone else think that sheldon williams looks like he was invented in a video game?

10. BballIsLife

BballIsLife Freshman

Thanks for the great words. Guess I was wrong about this being a good site.