Who will have a breakout year in 2006?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Good call! I think He is gonna be a stud. If he turns out as good as I think he will we could have another James/Faulk like combo with him and Highsmith.

2. clair

clair Rockets

my 10 guys to look out for:

1. beckwith- guy was a monster in the spring game
    2. les miles- will have another great season, and will get no love from anyone
    3. dorsey- he was great in limited P.T. in the past few years
    4. Al Jones- I don't know or care about what his Muslim name is, but the guy can flat-out play.
    5. Zenon- He was decent at nickel last year, and he is clearly athletic enough, now I think he has the experience necessary
    6. D-Bowe- He is expected to be "good," but he will be great now
    7. Chris Jackson- I think he can become a solid FG kicker for once
    8. JV- He has slimmed up a hair, and is finally 100%
    9. Chase Pittman- Much like Dorsey, he was good last year, but he won't be drowned out by the other big names on the line
    10. Last and not least: BRANDON LAFELL- this year may be a little bit early for him, but with Carter not being there, there is a little less competition out there. I got a feeling once he gets on the field once, he won't ever get off of it

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

cecil collins if his plan comes together and he gets a little help from his guards.

also, im gonna ride it out with doucet. i pimped him outta high school so theres no giving up now even though i've had to temper my mancrush thus far. he has too much talent to continue to be average, i hope.

4. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

I agree. I brought my son to the youth football camp at LSU few weeks ago and was able to catch half of a pep talk JV was giving to a small group of campers. He spoke about "mistakes" and what he's done to correct them. I think he and Broussard will terrorize SEC linebackers.

5. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

There is a handful of players that could have a great year, but the player that needs to have a great year is Bowe. The NFL scouts love tall receivers that can create mismatches to secondaries. Bowe has size, has the hands, and has pretty good speed. It just seems that he lacks to concentrate in games sometimes. If Bowe comes into the season and shows that he can be consistent all year, then there is no doubt he will be atleast a 2nd round draft pick next year. He can certainly make great catches, but he just needs to cool down and catch the ball. The rest will take care of itself because he certainly has the frame to play at the next level.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Quite possibly due to the fact that he needed contacts...

7. LSUfreshman21

Did he have contacts last season?

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Not till the Peach Bowl.

9. LSUfreshman21

Oh really I didn't know that. Well contacts can only make you catch the ball better. good stuff cparso:thumb:

10. clair

clair Rockets

yeah, i think he said that he can see from far, but that he couldn't see the ball when it was nearing him

meaning, he had problems looking the ball into his hands