Who will have a breakout year in 2006?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Jul 10, 2006.

1. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I thought he had eye surgery this off season.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Offense:

Zinger
    Busta D.

Defense:

Chevis Jackson
    Dorsey

ST
    David!

3. Broke

Broke Founding Member

I think Zinger could have a bang up year. If they would utilize him more catching the ball instead of the token blocker. Knock the cobwebs off and throw the kid the ball!

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I think if we see a TE have a bang up year catching the ball it will be Dickson instead of Zinger.

5. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

i wear contacts when i play and the only problem is that when its windy, ur eyes get really dry and sometimes u have trouble seeing the ball because of blinking or w/e. i heard the lasik thing too tho

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I didnt think Bowe's eye status changed until after the Peach Bowl. I'd love to see Russell have a break out year and prove me wrong, but if he doesn't I think Flynn will fill in for him well. I don't think Perilloux will see the field much. If Hester gets the ball, I expect him to continue to produce. Don't know much about the new guys.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I'm pretty sure he got contacts for the Peach Bowl, and has since gotten lasik.

8. OVD

OVD Founding Member

With the talent on this team I would say that every QB on the roster should have an all-SEC type of breakout season regardless of who starts. 2 out of the three QB's are scramblers. History has shown that if you don’t have an all world RB that your team has to have a QB that can tuck and run when necessary. If it weren’t for Flynn’s running ability, the Miami game would have been closer. With the diversity of Flynn and Russell I would think that you would have to switch starters in different circumstances. A solid passer against teams like Old Miss and a double threat against teams like Auburn. I think what Saban did in 04 w/his 2 QB system is what Miles should do this year however he should pick a guy and let him play the game out instead of pulling him after the scripted plays like Saban did when we played AU.

As far as RB any one of those guys could blow up this year. You never know who is going to step up and be the man. All it takes is one giant run or a 200-yard performance for a player to believe in him self that he could carry the load. JA had it in his eyes last year AB had it in his eyes in 04 and JV in 03. I think the chances are good that one will step up. I think by the time the first game comes around in what like 50 days Miles will know who has the eye of the Tiger. Could be a new face in the backfield or it could be one of the old guys. I am thinking new guy.

Bowe and Davis have all the potential in the world. I don’t think you wake up one day and find that you can now catch a bullet fastball from Russell. It just takes rep after rep play after play practice practice practice to have a good QB WR relationship. These guys have been together for a while now and there should be no excuses. If the WR keep dropping balls we will be in trouble. I think in order for LSU to finish in the top three this year we need a 60% completion rate. Are these WR’s good enough to do that? I'm thinking.........................YES?

9. cajdav1

So what you're really saying is that he should not what Saban did then, according to your own statement.:grin:

But of course, Saban didn't pull JR in the Ole Miss game when he should have as he was pretty bad. But then he did pull JR in the Arkansas game and it worked like a charm. And inserting JR in the CAP One sure looked like a good move.

10. cajdav1

I keep seeing something similar to this posted but on I'd say 90% of the drops, it was a fairly soft pass the receivers didn't hang on to. The ones that were hard throws were usually on short crossing routes that JR threw too low and too hard, which most likely were considered drops, but there weren't too many of those.

I think most of the drops were due to poor concentration, not looking the ball in or things of that nature. Hopefully with Bowe it will be traced back to his eyes.