Who will have a breakout year in 2006?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Jul 10, 2006.

1. OVD

OVD Founding Member

Saban used two QB's Miles should do the same however Miles should pick one guy to play the whole game instead of ripping them out every other drive. Talk about destroying a guy’s rhythm.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

And switching them every other game won't mess up his rhythm?

Messing with QB rotations is a bad, bad idea. You pick a starter & you stick with him.

3. OVD

OVD Founding Member

These WR were all world when they came here now it's time to play that way. And they will. Bowe and Davis especially Davis will have very good years IMO.

4. OVD

OVD Founding Member

Not if he is injury prone and can't run and has a bum arm. I think you have to switch it up and not mid game. Give him all the reps in practice and say go get em. Like I said there comes a time when you need to mix it up out there. Some QB's are better suited for teams then others.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not always. Not when you have talented depth at quarterback. We want our reserve QBs to get as many snaps as possible because both may have to go in this season if we take injuries.

Swapping two QB's didn't work at Tennessee last year because Ainge wasn't consistent and Clausen wasn't good enough. Jimbo has a much different situation.

Ideally the starter plays until we have a lead. The backup goes in for a couple of 2nd quarter drives. The starter plays the third quarter for a couple of drives until comfortably ahead then hands it over to the backup who hands it over to the reserve somewhere in the fourth quarter.

If we are trailing, then keep the starter in the game and use the backup and reserve for special situations.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Injuries are a different issue, but I don't understand why you would have different starting QBs for different games, yet not be willing to change them during the game... makes no sense. Afraid to mess up their rhythm? There is no rhythm when you don't even know who the starter is going to be.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Assuming there is a clear cut starter, I have no problem bringing in other QBs for experience and resting our starter.

However, I don't particular like the idea of a QB coming in for 3 or 4 plays. If you are going to put him in, let him get something going - keep him in for atleast 10 minutes of game time while he's behind center.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

:confused: Who the hell is injury prone, can't run and has a bum arm?

9. OVD

OVD Founding Member

Come off it cajundavid Russell gets hurt all the time. Don't tell me you think he can run for it. And when he went into that UGA game last year YES he had a bum arm.:angryfire :angryfire :angryfire

10. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

You can't be looking over your shoulder every week thinking someone else might take the starting job from you. There needs to be one qb that starts every game and stick by the guy. JR will be that guy unless an injury or something keeps him from being 100%. I am totally for switching qb's during the game though. I liked how Greene started every game for UGA in 03', but Shockley came in atleast a series to bring a new dimension to the the offense. We could bring in RP or MF and call run/pass type of plays that JR could not do. We have 3 great qb's, and we should showcase atleast 2 of them. There is no reason to have to have a one dimensional offense when there are 2 other qb's that have plenty of ability to mix up the game.